Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday Funnies

Hi,

We had another hot day in Chiang Rai.  The farmer behind us was very busy in the blazing sun, doing what farmers do.  The temps drop around 20 degrees at night, so we’re not getting a warming benefit in the pool.  Hmm.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Short Fat Fannie” by Larry Williams.  Cool Points to Trudye and Stuie.  You will note that this week’s ‘Old School Friday’ is from a more recent year than in the past.  It seems that ‘Old School’ is not as old to some of you as it is to me.  We’ll see if 1972 goes back far enough to be considered ‘Old School’ (555).
“…Mama just hung her head and said, ‘Son, __ __ __ __ __, where ever he laid his hat was his home'.  And when he died, all he left us was alone.”  Hint:  It came from the motor city, by five singers.  The story of an absentee, deadbeat dad set to a groove.

This morning Lisa made a solo run to Big C and Top’s Market at the mall.  I’m seriously impressed.  Next thing you know, I’ll be asking if I can borrow the van.  

I think my sentence upstairs may be coming to an end.  The area of pain has been shrinking on a daily basis.  Today was the last day the doctor said I should stay put.  I can move around, slowly, with very little discomfort.  This evening I dressed for dinner and went downstairs.  Whoa!  It’s nice down there (555).  Having a conversation with a meal is really nice, and missed.  I will continue to take it easy until the pain is completely gone.  I don’t want to mess anything up thinking I’m done with all this.

The Friday Night thing is happening across the river and they started at a high volume this week.  I guess there’s nothing like a weekly carnival.   

Since I haven’t been out and about, my collection of recent photos has grown small.  Today’s photo is from a few years ago.  Daku is jumping to catch the ball.


I’m looking forward to getting out in the world.  There are things happening out there that I know you’d like to know about.  I would too.  We may be going to Le Meridien Resort on Sunday for dinner with our friends Stephen and Claire.  If my endurance is back, it’s on.  Now that Lisa is driving, I can be a passenger if it’s too much.  I have not been behind the wheel since October 27.  Hmm.

Have a Wonderfull WeekEnd.    On to the ‘Funnies’.

               Peace,
                         Danny


No comments: