Monday, November 9, 2015

Common

Hi,

The sun continues to shine brightly on Chiang Rai.  Our seasons are so twisted right now it’s not funny.  Hot days, cool nights have been the pattern.  There has been a forecast (555) for several days of rain.  We’ll see.

‘Old School Friday’ was “Papa Was A Rolling Stone” by The Temptations.  Congrats to all who remembered.  ‘Easy Monday’ should be a snap.  “Ah, look at all the lonely people.  Ah, look at all the lonely people.”  __ __ picks up the rice in the church where the wedding has been, lives in a dream….”  Hint:  So easy.  The title is a name.

We had two nights of loud music from across the river this weekend.  There was the usual Friday night party, which was just a distant annoyance.  Saturday night must have been a special concert.  I could tell because there were afternoon sound checks and they were loud.  There was one group that I enjoyed, the rest was difficult to digest.  We have the benefit of several walls between us and the sound when we’re in our upstairs bedroom.  Blue, on the other hand, gets the full force of the sound waves from his downstairs room.  Sunday morning we compared notes and we all agreed that it was one of the worst ever.  From time-to-time during the evening I had to remind myself that the people at the fairgrounds were having a good time and enjoying it all.

I am still taking it easy recuperating.  Last night (Sunday) we went to Le Meridien for dinner and I drove.  Now that was a strange experience.  Oh, I still know how to drive, it just felt funny.  Some of the harsh bumps and holes in the streets were not very kind to me, so that’s something to remember.  It was good to get out; I might even say ‘liberating’.  Our dinner was special because we got to meet little Harriet, who is 4 1/2 months old.  She is the daughter of Scott and Michele.  Scott works for the hotel and has helped order my meals every time we eat there.  They announced that they will be leaving Thailand and going to Fiji, to another major resort.  They are from Australia and Fiji is closer than Thailand.  We will miss them.

The outing last night might have been a little more than I was ready for physically.  I have to pace myself and not let my brain’s enthusiasm override my body’s healing.  Lunch and dinner downstairs today were accomplished with slow, careful moves.  Baby steps.

Today’s photo was taken at Chivit Tamma Da.  I don’t know the whole story on this old bike, but the next time I see Joaqim I will be sure to ask him.


Have a Great Week.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“The things we have in common
are more important than
our differences.”
~Unknown

No comments: