Thursday, November 5, 2015

Art

Hi,

From what I could tell by looking out of the windows, it was a beautiful day in Chiang Rai.  It was hot, with no sign of rain.  

This week’s ‘Zany Day’ song has two fans so far.  Let’s see if anyone else remembers this crazy oldie. 
“One day while I was visiting at Heart Break Hotel, that's where I met __ and she sure looked swell.  I told her that I loved her and I’d never leave.  She put her arms around me, gave me fever.”  Hint:  Remember, the title is three words, the first two are descriptive and the last is a name.

Day three living upstairs on bed rest seems a little more comfortable.  At least it is when I’m in a static, reclining position.  One good thing that has come from this is the option of catching up on American football.  They show a lot more of it here than in the past.  It’s a game I kind of understand.  I’ll say this, it’s a lot easier to follow than cricket or rugby, although I’m getting vaguely familiar with rugby.  I also know who won the World Series and the World Rugby Championship.  

This evening Natcha presented Blue, Lisa and me with beautiful, ultra-soft scarves that she crocheted.  She knows we will go to the states in December and her memory is that it’s a cold place in winter.  She visited years ago with an American couple she worked for and they were in the Mid-West.  A warm scarf just might come in handy in the Los Angeles area if past winters are any indication.

The fridge saga got a jolt of energy today when we received a call telling us they would come and remove the motor, presumably for replacement.  We’ll know more in about 3 days.  The ice brigade continues (555).  One of Lisa’s friends wrote to say that nothing unites people like customer dissatisfaction.  Oh yeah.  

Flowers always seem to brighten a mood.  The orchids are back.


Daku now seems to understand that I’m not leaving the bed.  When he comes over to bother me I scratch his throat and he stands there and enjoys it.  That’s become our play time.  

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“Hearing is a gift,
listening is an art.”
~Unknown

No comments: