Tuesday, January 22, 2013

See


Hi,

It was a rather slow day on the compound.  Enjoyed the mid-day sun and made a new friend in the afternoon.

Well, a few of you knew the answer to the 'Easy Monday' song.  I know you know this one.  Here's a bit more:
"Ooo, your kisses, sweeter than honey.  And guess what?  So is my money.  All I want you to do for me is give it to me when you get home, yeah baby.  __ (spelled out) find out what it means to me.  __ (spelled out) take care, TCB..."

Today was another 'sick day'.  I refuse to give you details, but let's just say if I could replace the front of my head I would.  Letting this thing run it's course seems to be the only option now.  Concentration can be tricky when you're uncomfortable, but I manage small bursts.  

We slept through a bunch of tennis after lunch.  At 4pm we met Boot's boyfriend Rudy for the first time.  I tried to maintain some semblance of wellness while he was here.  I almost felt like a father interviewing his daughter's new beau to see if he was suitable.  That's funny since he's only five years younger than me.  It turns out that he's quite a guy.  He's basically from Holland, but has lived in Thailand for 15 years.  We connected on several things and had lots to talk about.  The four of us are going to go out to hear some live music after Lisa and I get well.  There is a place in Chiang Rai called the India Bar, which is a hangout more than a bar.  There is a singer/guitar player who plays the blues and they say is very entertaining.  

The last few nights, and this afternoon, we have been hearing drumming from somewhere behind our house.  I think it's a block to the north and there are hand-drums playing syncopated rhythms that sometimes land in very cool grooves.  Tonight there are other instruments playing but we mostly hear drums.  

One of the bad things about having this terrible cold right after returning is that we have to wait to connect with all our friends.  Hopefully, by the weekend things will be back to normal.  In the meantime, enjoy these orchids from our garden.


Have a Happy Tuesday.

                   Peace,
                              Danny

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
~John Lubbock

No comments: