Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Keep Me Away


Hi,

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood here in Culver City.  There was breakfast in Santa Monica, lunch at the mall, and dinner at 'home'.  Oh yes, and there was football in the evening.

I'm a little surprised that more of you haven't weighed in on the 'Easy Monday' song.  I'll bet you get it after this:
"__ __ is not my lover.  She's just a girl who claims that I am the one, but the kid is not my son.  She says I am the one, but the kid is not my son."  Hint: There was a glove involved (555).

We got to experience rush hour traffic this morning.  A 9am breakfast date with a friend in Santa Monica made it necessary to join the masses on the freeway.  I promise not to complain about the Chiang Rai traffic ever again.  It actually moved pretty well considering how many cars were out there.  The thing that stands out in my mind was the courteous nature of the driving.  Hmm.  We ate at Izzie's, where there are lots of photos of Izzie with celebrities all over the walls.  A big plus for us was turkey bacon.  Yum.

Then we went to a pet supply store to get some things for the doggies.  It's amazing how many products are available for dogs and cats.  The store we frequent in Chiang Rai seems tiny compared to the places here.  We had no idea there was a pet hospital in PetCo.  

While Lisa was lunching in the marina, I went to the mall, had lunch and checked on guitar parts for my friend Chalit.  I have noticed, in my driving around, that there have been many changes in the area as far as businesses go.  So much to see, so little time.

Today we actually had time to take a nap, due to a cancellation.  It's the little things that count.  

This evening I turned on the football game.  C-Bass and I had fun watching the lopsided competition between Notre Dame and Alabama.  I have watched more 'Gridiron' football on this trip than ever before.  I'll miss it when we return to The Land of Smiles.

The photo for the day is the delightful Leilani and her parents in front of Thai Boom, after our lunch date Saturday.  


Have a Happy Tuesday.  Many thanks to my friend Christopher for today's quote.

                 Peace,
                            Danny

"Keep me away from wisdom which does not cry, 
the philosophy which does not laugh,
and the greatness which does not 
bow before little children."
~Kahlil Gibran 

No comments: