Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Forget


Hi,

With a sky that looked like rain, I had an early morning excursion across town, and then an afternoon massage.  All done before the storm.

This week the 'Easy Monday' song is a bit of a weather forecast.  I understand there has been a change in some areas.  If you had water falling from the sky, then you should have no problem with this song.  Go ahead, sing it.
"__, I don't mind.  Shine, the weather's fine.  Can you hear me that when it rains it shines, it's just a state of mind.  Can you hear me, can you hear me?"  Hint:  Please, really?

It's been a long time since I had to go across town early in the morning.  It was car service day and I had an 8am appointment.  Just as I rounded the corner by the hospital I realized I had passed the point of no return.  The morning traffic had backed up and I had a wait in store.  Whoever presses the button to change the lights doesn't have a grasp on keeping the traffic moving.  I made a detour where I could and looped around the library, onto the bridge road, under the bridge and back around to where I wanted to go.  

My wait at Toyota was 2 and a half hours.  I spent the time in the lounge, playing Solitaire and watching Thai TV.  There is a morning show that is like The View.  The opening segment was on the dangers of drinking too much alcohol.
Even without understanding what they were saying, the graphics and photos told the story.  There is a real problem here with consumption.  I found it interesting that it was the lead item on a show that is usually about everything else.
After that there was a short program by a cooking lady who made blueberry pudding and spoke in English the whole time.  Hmm.

This afternoon I had a massage from Khun Joy.  On my way home it started looking dark in places, but not like rain would really come.  There have been forecasts of rain, but the various weather sites never seem to agree on where or when.  One website says 'rain nearby'.  What does that mean, exactly?  Nearby where?  Just as we went down for dinner we got our answer: nearby us.  It turned out to be quite a downpour, which is a good thing.  There was an article in the paper yesterday about how the government has declared the northern provinces, including Chiang Rai, as drought areas.  Apparently, all the rain we had during the 'rainy season' was not as much as the year before.  Many farmers are not planting because they don't have enough water to sustain a crop.  I guess the small farmers, like the people behind us, are lucky.  It would be nice to get a rain like today on a weekly basis. 

Today's photo is from the big parade.  This is one of the more elaborate floats featuring a statue of King Mengrai.

                               I Love a Parade

Have a Happy Tuesday.

              Peace,
                         Danny

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
Criticize me, and I may not like you.
Ignore me, and I may not forgive you.
Encourage me, and I may not forget you."
~William Arthur

No comments: