Monday, January 21, 2013

Heart


Hi,

The weekend weather in Chiang Rai was the same as it's been all week, hot days and cold nights.  This has kept us in at night for reasons you will soon learn.

The 'Old School Friday' tune was "Silhouettes", originally recorded by The Rays.  Other recordings take it out of the 'Old School' category (555).  This 'Easy Monday' song should be a snap for everyone:  "What you want?  Baby, I got it.  What you need?  You know I got it.  All I'm askin' is for a little __ when you come home (just a little bit) ..."  
Hint:  Made famous by the 'Queen of Soul', this song became an anthem of sorts.  Everybody wants this (the title).

Just as I was feeling all special because I hadn't caught the cold that Lisa brought back from America, I got smacked in the face.  Needless to say, the weekend was not fun.  I should have picked up some stock in Kleenex when I had the chance (Ha).  We ran some necessary errands, but most of the time was spent watching the Australian Open and drifting in and out.  

Sunday morning we went to the Healthy Market for vegetables and fruit.  At one of the entrances there is a little stand where a guy makes jewelry.  On our way in we heard "Life In the Fast Lane" and on our way out he was playing "House of the Rising Sun".  I love the way music travels around the world and turns up in the most unlikely places.  

Because of the chilly evenings and the current condition of me, I haven't taken a photo of the downtown lights yet.  I did manage to get a shot of the late afternoon sky at just the right moment.  

                                     Pink Clouds

This morning we bravely went out early to Makro.  From there we stopped and had coffee while waiting for Big C to open.  Walking into Big C right at the start of the day was a little eerie.  Most of the downstairs vendors were still closed and upstairs, where the main store is, some cart operators were just taking the covers off of their displays.  The aisles were practically empty, which is pretty cool.  

On the way home we stopped for bread.  I stayed in the car, but Lisa got a complete history of Jonathan from one of the women at Work@Home.  She pulled out a scrapbook with photos of Jonathan as a puppy and even had a pic of his father.  Made me think that maybe we should have taken some family photos of Daku's parents when we got him.  

Have a Great Week.

                   Peace,
                              Danny 

"The best and most beautiful things
in the world cannot be seen nor touched...
but are felt in the heart."
~Helen Keller

No comments: