Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Funnies


Hi,

Well friends, this will be the last message from America.  Since we'll be traveling over the weekend, you won't miss a beat in the continuing adventures.  (555)  It's been fun, but it's time to go.  If we didn't get to connect in person, there's always the summer.

This week's 'Zany Day' song was "Blue Suede Shoes" as made popular by Elvis Presley.  It was written and first recorded by Carl Perkins, a Rockabilly pioneer.  Now you know.  That means it's time for 'Old School Friday' and a song that shouldn't be too hard to figure out:  "Look at me, I'm as helpless as a kitten up a tree, and I feel like I'm clinging
to a cloud, I can't understand, I get __ just holding your hand."  Clue:  The title is a word attempting to describe the indescribable feeling that comes with new love.

This morning I drove out to the Malibu hills for a visit with my dear friend Blue.  The horse ranch where he lives was very quiet and serene when I arrived.  Horses were standing around, doing what horses do.  One horse watched me closely as I drove past.  I later learned that she's one of the smartest horses on the ranch.  When I got to the little gate at Blues cabin I was met by two dogs and a cat that apparently thinks it's one of the dogs.  None of them barked, but just greeted me.  Inside the artistically decorated space we sat and talked about life outside of the city.  It was so still and relaxing.  As with any time we get together, there was lots of laughter.  We have known each other since the first grade.  He took me to a little Thai restaurant in the area and we had a delicious, authentic lunch.  I could have hung out there all day, but I had to time my visit so I left before the afternoon traffic started.  The Risingstardom link at the bottom of the page belongs to Blue.  Check it out.

           The Sun Deck at The Horse Ranch

My timing of the trip back to the city was perfect, and I didn't have to 'sit' in any traffic.  I drive more in America than I do in Thailand.  I've become a small town kind of guy I guess.  I have one more road trip before we go.  Tomorrow morning I'll go and visit with my mom and set up 'Facetime' on her computer so we can have some face-to-face conversations across the vast distance.  

The cold weather of this California winter will give me a new perspective when I think it's cold in Chiang Rai.  Bundle up and stay warm.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.  Now it's time for the 'Funnies'.

                      Peace,
                                 Danny

Dog Rules for Stuff

1. If I like it, it's mine.

2. If its in my mouth, it's mine.

3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.

4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.

5. If I'm chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.

6. If its mine, it must never appear to be yours anyway.

7. If it just looks like mine, it's mine.

8. If I saw it first, it's mine.

9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it
automatically becomes mine.

10. If its broken, it's yours.

No comments: