Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Funnies


Hi,

Our busy day yesterday led to a rest day behind the walls today.  The weather is getting warmer and that may lead to possible swimming in a few weeks.  I will be ready for that when the time comes.

The 'Zany Day' song was "Lola" by The Kinks.  What happened out there?  I expected more responses.  Oh well, if you're still awake it's time for 'Old School Friday'.  "__ __ __ __, movin' on down the line.  Wonder where, wonder where, wonder where she is bound?  I broke her heart and made her cry.  Now I'm alone, so all alone.  What can I do, what can I do?  __ __ __ __, __ __ __ __ ..."  Clue: This R&B hit is from a legendary group.  It's what one says as their loved one walks away.  Oh yeah, 1959 if you're keeping score.  

This morning our bedroom was scheduled for cleaning, but we were camping out in it so we moved the 'party' to the guest room.   The dogs joined us and we all hung out downstairs and it was very cozy.

       Daku (left) and BamBam in Meditation

Making an appointment for service on our car usually involves going to the dealership and setting it up.  Even if the language barrier persists, we seem to be able to work it out.  Today I tried to do it on the phone.  The first guy I got on the line was like a wall, 'no English' and that was that.  I found another number and got someone who left the phone and found an English speaking person.  I explained to her what I wanted, she took my number and said she'd call back.  I got a call from her later and we set up an appointment for next week.  It might be easier to just stop by next time.

We live in an age where technology is evolving at a rate much faster than it did in our childhoods.  Can you imagine being a child in this era?  The exposure to things as magical as computers, smart phones, and various tablets is a long way from the days of searching the encyclopedia.  Even animals are getting to experience the wonders of modern technology.  Check out this article about Gorillas and iPads  http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3503234/Gorillas-get-iPads-to-aid-alertness-and-keep-them-happier-in-zoos.html

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.    Time for a 'Funny'

                           Peace,
                                      Danny

No comments: