Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rainbow


Hi,

Wednesday turned out to be a beautiful, 'warm' day.  There were coffees, lunches, and thoughts of home.

A whole bunch of you knew the 'Zany Day' song.  Here's the second verse in this song about an article of clothing:
"Well, you can knock me down, step on my face, slander my name all over the place.  Do any thing that you want to do, but uh-uh honey, lay off of my __.  Don't you step on my __ __ __.  You can do anything but lay off of my __ __ __."
Hint: Really?  Extra 'Cool Points' if you name the original writer/artist.

We actually had breakfast at home.  Although the morning was very cold, by the time we started our day in the streets, it was beginning to warm up.  We drove out to the marina and began the search for jellybeans.  Our friend Pat (Atom) likes two particular flavors of Jelly-Belly beans.  We were drawing blanks until we met up with our friend Jeanine.  She and Lisa were going to have coffee and she knew where to find them.  I went to Gelson's and found the elusive beans.  

While I hung out at the house, Lisa had lunch with friends from her former job.  I met her later for coffee with our friend Richard.  We talked about the house he is building, and also about coffee.  He knows a lot about coffee and was intrigued with the Doi Chaang Civet coffee we brought him.  

Our friend at Elite Health Foods posed an interesting question: What changes have you noticed on your visit?  I think I've covered a lot of them over the last three weeks, but the biggest would be the closures of businesses, and the increased density in terms of cars and people.  It goes without saying that many things cost more than they did seven months ago, and we won't even talk about fuel costs.  Other than that, it's all pretty much the same (555).  Or, as they say in Thailand:  'Same Same, but Different'.  Sounds a lot like Chiang Rai when I really think about it.  Hmm.

Two more days in America.  Thinking about the house and the dogs a lot.  Ready for some home-cooking and a good massage.  Picturing the Night Bazaar in my mind.  Can you tell I'm getting homesick?  Here's another T-shirt design by Lisa.

  
Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                 Peace,
                            Danny

"Life is like a rainbow.
You need both the sun and the rain to make its colors appear."
~Unknown

No comments: