Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Opportunities


Hi,

Life seems to be normalizing here in Chiang Rai.  A massage and two store runs had me out on the town.  Three weeks away and I noticed more changes.

The 'Easy Monday' song was "A Day In the Life" by The Beatles.  We turn now to our 'Zany Day' song and a bit of Rock  & Roll:  "Well, I was happy here at home I got everything I need.  Happy bein' on my own, just living the life I lead.  Well, suddenly it dawned on me that this was not my life, so I just phoned the airline girl and said, "Get me on __ __ __, get me on __ __ __."  Clue: This could be called a travel song.  The title is only two words technically, but the lyric has three.  If you know it, you'll understand.  It's by a band that just celebrated 50 years as an institution (555).

It's a good thing I had a few days to unwind before my first massage with Joy.  I was anticipating a difficult time with lots of tight, painful areas, but it wasn't so bad.  From my massage I went to the 'Healthy Market' for some fresh fish and chicken.  It was nice that several vendors wished me 'Happy New Year' in Thai.

Traveling across town to Big C, I noticed some new store fronts and enhanced floral arrangements beside the road.  Many small businesses spring up, stay open for a few months, and then disappear.  Sometimes it's the wrong location and sometimes it's from lack of planning.  Maybe that's why there are so many 'movable businesses'.  They can keep trying different locations until they find the one that clicks.  There are some food and coffee vendors that have three different locations where they set up shop during the course of a day.  Hmm.  Could this be an international wave of the future?

At Big C things were bustling in the mid-afternoon.  I was fortunate to find a parking place and a short check-out line.  The whole thing was quite painless.  When leaving Big C it's necessary to merge onto the Super Highway, cross all the lanes and then get in the U-Turn lane to go north.  I got a big surprise when I got across the highway and into the U-Turn lane.  It had been extended way past the original turn.  This was done so the long lines to Central Plaza don't hold up a lane of traffic on the highway.  Back in town, as I passed the Clock Tower I saw the framework for what might be an arched canopy.  On the framework there were white 'tube lights' so I'm imagining that at night they create a glittery scene on either side of the clock.  I'll have to venture out and take some photos.

Today's photo is another T-shirt design from Lisa's collection.  We don't have monkey's here in Chiang Rai, but farther south they are in abundance.  And no, they are not blue, but they are cute and will steal your stuff if you're not careful.


It's time for Wacky Wednesday.

                      Peace,
                                 Danny

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized;
they die when neglected.
Life is a long line of opportunities."
~John Wicker

No comments: