Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Grow


Hi,

Nothing like kicking off the new year with a parade, and a bunch of football games.  

The 'Easy Monday' song was "Smooth Operator" by Sade.  This 'Zany Day' song should also be easy for some:
"Someone told me it's all happening __ __ __.  I do believe it, I do believe it's true... But you can take the crosstown bus, if it's raining or it's cold, and the animals will love it if you do."  Hint:  It's about a place.

We began the day watching the Rose Parade.  As a native Pasadenan, this has been a tradition in my life.  Before it was over we left for Altadena to spend the morning with my mother.  Since the parade is repeated all day we had a chance to see things we missed on the first round.  After helping my mom clean up her email and update some software we went to lunch at Saladang restaurant.  When we returned from our lunch the B2 bomber was flying overhead after making a pass at the Rose Bowl game.  It looked like an alien space ship as it roared across the sky.  

Later in the day we met the adorable grandson of our friend Debby.  His name is Kwami and he's 2 years old.  He greeted us with a big smile, shook my hand and occupied our attention for quite some time.  

Here's a photo of August and me as we rang in the New Year.  By the time midnight came we were both ready for bed.


It's time for Wacky Wednesday.

                 Peace,
                            Danny

"To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future,
be totally unlike your past.
Your history is not your destiny."
~Alan Cohen

No comments: