Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Vision

Hi,

Today was sunny enough, at one point, for the dogs to get bathed. Planning for our summer trip to L.A. continued, and we are the not so proud owners of a small sink hole. What?

Where are all my music lovers. Only two responses to the song so far. I'll try to help you a little (Ha) with this:
"Hey! __ __ __, play a song for me, I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to. Hey! __ __ __, play a song for me, in the jingle jangle morning I'll come followin' you." Hint: Somehow there's a percussion instrument involved in the title. Now you're on your own.

Late this morning I was out at Big C. When I called to say I was on my way home Lisa told me it had started pouring at the house. The sun was shinning where I was. It wasn't until I turned for home that I drove into the rain. Weird. Then it stopped and the sun shone. Then later it sprinkled. Everything is so green right now that it's worth it to put up with the rain. The corn fields behind us were glistening in the late afternoon sun. It was almost magical.

A few days ago Boot was walking Daku out near the back wall when she noticed a hole in the flower bed. After close inspection I realized that it was indeed a sink hole. There was a plastic pipe imbedded in part of the yard in order to drain excess water out through the wall. It looks like the pipe broke and the earth just couldn't handle all the water and started eroding. It won't be pretty, but it can be resolved. Between Wit, our handy guy and our landscape guy, we should be able to fix it.

We will be traveling to Culver City on June 24 for our three week summer stay. The excitement is building with all the lists and reservations. There will be a summer wedding to attend, a trip to Northern Cali to see Joe (Lisa's Dad), and the Oakland Cousins, and the Athas family. Lots of breakfasts, lunches and dinners with friends as well as lots of time hanging out with 'The Boys' (August and C-Bass).

It's time for a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Vision without action is a daydream.
Action without vision is a nightmare."
~Japanese Proverb


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: