Thursday, June 25, 2009

Secret

Hi,

Today I have my feet planted firmly on the ground. So far there has been a bit of culture shock, driving disorientation, and a feeling of deja vu.

I got many responses to the current song. Only one had the group correct. That's OK, it's just a game.
"__ __ __, any kind of fool could see, there was something in everything about you. __ __ __, you can blame it all on me. I was wrong, and I just can't live without you." Clue: The singer wants the singee to return. What do you call the participants in a game? Oh my, I just gave it away.

Over the Pacific Ocean there was a lot of sleeping going on. The airline magazine suggested that when flying from west to east you should sleep to lessen the jet lag. Interesting, since we refer to the origin of our flight as being in the east yet we are moving from west to east. More Twilight Zone biz. I won't know until this afternoon if it made any difference. If I crash, as is usually the case, then it didn't matter. Oh yeah, I woke up early this morning (4:30am) after going to bed quite late (1:30am). It may all be a myth to get passengers to sleep more. (Ha)

For the next three weeks you'll be getting this in the U.S. a little later than before. I may want to sleep in and then write. When I'm in Thailand it's early evening when I write to you and yet you get it early in the morning. Isn't that amazing? No.

After we went through the lines for immigration clearance and all, we took the shuttle over to Hertz for our car. Giant props to a dear friend who is our 'Rental Guru', there was a car waiting for us. No standing in line, nothing to do but get in and leave. Then I proceeded to turn on the wipers instead of the turn signal as we left the lot. That will no doubt continue for a few days as I get acclimated to the other side of the car, on the other side of the road, on the other side of the world.

Just in case you would like to say 'Hello' or get directions to our house (Ha) my number in America is:
(858) 231-7793 Lisa's number is: (310) 280-8597

Have a Great Thursday,

Peace,
Danny

"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”
~Martin Buber

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: