Monday, June 1, 2009

Eyes

Hi,

We've had some beautiful days in between the rain drops. I did a solo Sunday at Big C, and we'll cover the continuing adventures with the internet quandary. Read on, it gets good.

The weekend song only brought a few responses. It was "Fixing a Hole" by The Beatles. Hmm. Let's start the week with a song from 1964 by a poet who is still doing his 'thing'. This song had a major cover, but give me the original artist if you can. "Though I know that evenin's empire has returned into sand, vanished from my hand, left me blindly here to stand but still not sleeping..." Clues: This song has had many interpretations, it's about a person making a request. This is the first verse, tomorrows lyric may set you free. (Ha)

Since Lisa had been told not to do a lot of walking, it meant that shopping was out of the question. Some of our usual routines have been altered a bit and Sunday lunch at Black Canyon was one of them. I set out with a list in hand and headed for Big C around 11 a.m. expecting the usual crowd. The line into the parking lot was the longest ever. It may have been that it was the last day of the month, I'm not sure. I sat for quite awhile and played 'chicken' with drivers trying to cut in line. Once I got parked, I made my way through the throngs and got a cart and focused on my list. Now that I know the store it was a piece of cake. I got everything we needed and made my way to the escalator. They have these carts with wheels that are supposed to lock when you put them on the ramp but I managed to get the one that didn't work. This might not have been so bad except for the fact that I had a big load of bottled water and the thing was very heavy. With one hand on the rail and one on the cart, plus a foot in front of the wheel, I managed to keep from turning the escalator into a bowling alley. (Ha)

After I loaded the car with all the goods I went back in and ordered lunch and dinner from Black Canyon. It all worked out perfectly and we had two nice meals without a lot of fuss.

This morning (Monday) I went back, once again, to CAT Telecom to find out if we were going to get a discount on our bill since we'd had so much interruption in our internet service. This had been mentioned by one of their people and I wanted to make sure. The conversation got sidetracked to questions about the current service since I've been such a frequent visitor. In the end, they had me fill out a 'request for discount' form and a tech followed me home to do some testing from our location. He spent about an hour at the house and I think we may have made some minor improvements, but it's still not what we're paying for. Ugh.

The day ended with an afternoon swim while Lisa and Boot hung out with the dogs on the patio. Later we had a delicious fish dinner while we watched some of the very first episodes of Saturday Night Live. Talk about nostalgia.

Have a Fantastic Week.

Peace,
Danny

PS There are new pics on the Flickr site.

"The only real voyage of discovery consists not
in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
~Marcel Proust

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: