Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Today is Friday and it was the day we were supposed to get our new internet connection. (Ha) Today is Friday and I haven't even thought about what I'll take on our trip. (Ha) Today is Friday, a good day to laugh. (Ha)

I know it taxed some of your memories, but you finally remembered "Stairway To Heaven" by Led Zeppelin. A classic in my book. For the weekend let's change it up a bit. "Listen everybody, especially you girls, is it right to be left alone while the one you love is never home?..." Hint: There's kind of a court/church thing with the title. Hmm. He wants to know what's goin' on.

I should have known that when I didn't hear from Khun Nucha earlier this week, that something was not right. I called his phone this morning and got a message saying 'The number you have dialed turn off.' I went over to CAT and discovered that no order had been placed. OK My friend Nina, who speaks very good English and is very helpful, took me in to see her boss and we worked it all out. I won't know how the whole thing will be until we return in July. We'll just have to plod along with our current system until next week. Next Thursday we'll be in Broadband heaven when we connect in Culver City.

Sometimes preparation is the key. I haven't thought about what to take to America, but today we got a new suitcase. That's preparation. So there's progress. (Ha) If the forecasts are correct (right) it's going to be warm and that means I can just bring what I've been wearing here in Chiang Rai. That's pretty cool. Light cotton will be the uniform of the day.

The dogs are going to be with Boot for three weeks. They will be in doggie heaven. They both love her and she loves them. Unfortunately we may not have much of a lawn in the back when we get back. When they're left alone outside they've started digging. Daku has also started chewing rocks. It's funny/not funny to see both dogs lying on the grass looking like cows chewing their cud. Daku will drop the rock if I insist but BamBam thinks it's a game and challenges anyone who tries to stop her. She's very agile and can shift and turn and evade any chase. Today I just walked away in frustration. Then I shook the 'cookie box' and she came running into the house. Without the rock.

It's time for the 'Funnies'. Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny


An elderly Floridian called 911 on her cell phone to report that her
car has been broken into.
She is hysterical as she explains her situation to the dispatcher.
'They've stolen the stereo, the steering wheel, the brake pedal and
even the accelerator!' she cried.
The dispatcher said, 'Stay calm. An officer
is on the way.'A few minutes later, the officer radios in.
'Disregard.' He says. 'She got in the back-seat by mistake.'


_________

Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades. Over the years,
they had shared all kinds of
activities and adventures. Lately, their activities had been limited
to meeting a few times a week to play cards.
One day, they were playing cards when one looked at the other and
said, 'Now don't get mad at me .. I know we've been friends for a long
time , but I just can't think of your name! I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me
what your na me is.'
Her friend glared at her..

For at least three minutes she just stared and glared at her.

Finally she said, 'How soon do you need to know?'

________________

SENIOR DRIVING
As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang.
Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, 'Herman,
I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on
Interstate 77. Please be careful!'
'Heck,' said Herman, 'It's not just one car It's hundreds of them!'



Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: