Thursday, June 11, 2009

Everything

Hi,

Today we had blue sky and warm humid air. Today we went out for lunch. And yes, today it rained. Hmm.

What a thrill to know that some of you knew the current song. Maybe today's clue will give you a boost. (Ha)
"And I know that’s just how it happened, when Romeo met Juliet. Somewhere I read that old Romeo said, “Pardon me, __ __ __?” Clue: The title is one of those well worn pick-up lines, but in this context it's very romantic.

We went to Black Canyon Coffee for lunch today. It's usually Sundays that we go there for lunch but Boot had a doctor's appointment so we hit the town. There never seems to be a time when the Big C complex is not busy. We ended up at a table in the back and while we were waiting for our food a Farang (foreigner) came in and began talking at a higher volume than is usually heard here. He spoke in a combination of English and Thai, with a German accent. He kept going on about wanting to order buffalo and the servers kept trying to tell him that they didn't serve buffalo. At one point he went to the table next to us an went on about it. We held our breath, hoping he wouldn't come over to us. Thankfully he didn't and finally left. When we got our bill we told our server that next time we'd like some buffalo. She started laughing and went into this big thing about the guy, all in Thai. We got the tone of what she was saying and we all had a good laugh.

I think I have the rain routine down now. It seems to come at around 5pm every day. I swim around 4 and by the time I'm heading back upstairs the rain hits. It was a short downpour and then it was over.

We got our bill from the internet company today and I went over to pay it. I didn't go into all the problems since they already know and it wouldn't have made a difference. The woman at the counter has seen me come in often but we've never really had any business to speak of. Anyway, at one point she looked up at me and said "You are very kindly". I was taken aback. I said 'Thank you' in Thai and we continued with the payment of the bill. I guess there are people who come in and get irate about the service and don't follow 'custom'. Hmm.

I also managed to do a bit of handyman work around the house today. I made some adjustments on my weather-proofing job on the door to my music room and re-hung the doggie water bowl in our bathroom. Daku is very happy.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask.
Everything you want wants you.
But you have to take action to get it."
~Jack Canfield

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: