Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Flow

Hi,

It's been a strange few days with some of our basics. Low water pressure, slow internet pressure. (Ha) If you thought you got yesterday's (Monday's) message a little late, you were right.

I got a few hits on the tune already. Even heard from someone who didn't like the group but knew the song.
"I'm pickin up __ __, shes giving me excitations..." Hint: How hard can it be from here. You just got a gift. No hints.

For quite a few days our water pressure has been very low. So low that the other night I went out and walked the perimeter of the yard and checked all the faucets just in case there was a leak. We finally had Boot check with the water department and got several stories. The second time she asked they said they'd send someone. Nobody's come yet but the pressure is a little better today.

I have whined about our erratic internet connection for quite some time. It started off great and has slowly declined. After a total failure last night, I ended up having to drive into town and send the message from Doi Chaang Coffee. That's why it was late. Today I went back to CAT and was told that it would be back this afternoon and it was. During my 'visit' my new friend Nucha suggested that maybe we'd do better with their ADSL package since it's not dependent on a wireless signal. I also learned that the number of clients in a given area has a direct bearing on service. The CDMA wireless modem we're using has become popular and the traffic has increased. So, we're going to a new system with only ten clients per line. This should provide us with a more stable connection and I can stop complaining. Actually, people all over the country are complaining about internet service in one form or another. Be grateful for your broadband.

This afternoon I went to the hardware store and got the things I'd need to secure the wall mount water bowl in our bathroom so the dogs will always have a supply. While I was working, BamBam was startled again by the sound of the metal bowl against the tile. She ran to the far side of the room and hasn't been in the bathroom since. Lisa tried to get her to drink from the bowl after it was mounted but she'll have none of it. Daku loves it and marched right up and drank. Speaking of Daku, tonight he spoke. Over and over while he and BamBam were playing. He got used to the sound of his little high-pitched 'yip' and kept doing it. Oh yeah, and it was loud too. I just hope it's a phase he's going through.

Right now it's Tuesday night and we're having some really high winds. I just hope it doesn't include rain. That means extra work around here dealing with water being blown in under a few doors. And just then, 'KaBlam', the rain started. Oh well, it's Thailand.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"If you can't fight
and you can't flee......
flow."
~Unknown


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: