Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Worry

Hi,
Sitting up here in San Jose, reflecting on the day. It began easy enough. We got up really early, packed the last of our stuff and made our way to Park 'n Fly. It was when we got to the ticket counter that things got tense. I had left my Passport at the house, since I'm living the life of a 'local', totally forgetting that I don't have my new drivers license with my photo on it. So, after much discussion, many inspectors and a special high level search, I finally was allowed to go to the gate. The same thing may not happen in the same way on our return, since I was allowed to fly here and I'm returning so soon. At least that's what I was told. I'm just happy to be here.
So, many of you were paying attention and some of you, as Lois put it, were busy. Fair enough. It was "People" by the one and only Barbara Streisand. If you have time to wander back to 1966, tell me about this tune: "I was feelin' . . . so bad. I asked my family doctor just what I had..." Hint: This group recorded this early in their career when they were 'young'.
We've been driving around in a little Mazda 3 sedan and I like it. As they say 'Zoom Zoom'. The woman at the rental counter tried real hard to put us in a Corvette. "It's just $200 more, and I won't even charge you that much." Right.
San Jose is a lot different than Los Angeles or Chiang Rai. There's a local train that runs down the middle of the street. There are many ways to get lost. There are many streets that are on diagonals with north and south, which makes it easy to get disoriented. We're staying in a hotel that is familiar, except for the room. The one we got this time is a bit strange. No need for detail, but the bathroom is bigger than the sleeping area. It looks like an after-thought. 'Hey, we have some room left, let's make another room'. Ok.
We had a great time with Joe and Eva. We went out to dinner and then returned to their house for a tour of the latest work in his art studio. We're going back to Palo Alto this morning for breakfast with Joe, a visit to an art exhibit and more 'art talk'.
Oh, there was an earthquake today. It was centered in Chino Hills, but felt all over SoCal. We knew nothing of this until we got a call from C-Bass. It was good to hear from him. Some people felt it and others didn't. I wonder how the news 'worriers' will spin this one? Of course, you're going to tell me where you were and what you were doing when it hit. (Ha)
It's time for an early check-out and a Wacky Wednesday

Peace,
Danny

"Worry is like a rocking chair
it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere."
~Dorothy Galyean

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: