Thursday, July 10, 2008

LIght

Hi,
Just slipped home, between the raindrops. We were down at the Night Bazaar checking out a few things. We had just concluded our stroll when we noticed the merchants frantically pulling out their plastic sheeting. A clear sign of things to come. I don't think it will be heavy, but it's still wet.
Well, I'm really surprised that I haven't heard from more of you. The song was a major hit in '62 on a label that hit big.
"...So love, you better wake up, yeah, before we break up and you lose me, little me __ __ __ __ __ __ (I really love you, yay, yay, yay)" I think you'll get it, if it's in there.
Today we got a ladder and began hanging art work. Something I hadn't considered with the tall ceilings is the fact that you can put things way up high if you have a tall enough ladder. Well, some things work up high, but most don't. Besides, I don't have a really tall ladder and I'm happy with that. We got a cool little vacuum that gets up all the cement and brick dust that comes from drilling holes in the walls. Something else that I haven't figured out yet is how to change the light bulbs that are recessed in the ceiling. So, maybe we'll have to buy a tall ladder and have someone else climb up. Hmm.
The other night when we were at the NB we went into my favorite store, The Nine Shop. They were playing some Thai Hip-Hop that knocked me out. I asked the woman the name of the song and she told me and tried to give me a way to remember. I forgot, of course, only remembering some hand gestures that signified the title. I felt a little funny about doing them in the record store so I had her write it down. On the way to the truck tonight, we stopped in at the new record store on the main drag and I showed the woman the paper. Her face lit up with a big smile, she made the gesture and went and got the CD. I guess it's a big tune right now. Now I have a 'friend' at the shop. She also showed me some new releases in the same genre. Maybe I'll see if I can get a preview of these in the future. Hmm, getting into the popular music of the culture was one of the things I had on my list of things to do. The world is certainly shrinking.
Have a Cool Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;
the real tragedy of life is when adults are afraid of the light."
~Plato

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: