Friday, July 4, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Today (where I am) it's the 4th of July. Just another day in paradise. If you're in the U.S. you probably have the day off (maybe) and you're planning something. As the sun goes down, you'll hear loud noises and look to the sky to see if you can see the fireworks. Here, we looked to the sky to see if the rain had really stopped. Enjoy your holiday. If it's not a holiday for you, just enjoy your day anyway.
Yes, it was The Rolling Stones with "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction". See, that wasn't so hard was it? For the weekend tell me about this: "Whao, __ __ __ like I knew that I would...So good, so good 'cause I got you. (horns) Hint: I really shouldn't, it's so obvious, but here goes: The hardest working man in show business, the GodFather of... See what I mean?
We got a double dose of rain today. Early afternoon we had a light rain that didn't last too long. Then a little later, a monsoon type downpour. We're actually getting used to the weather patterns. What's still odd is the fact that it's warm. In between rains I made a trash run and learned a few things about my new neighborhood. A trash run is basically me taking our trash and putting it with other trash that the city picks up. As far as we know, there's no pick-up on our road yet. We have to look into this soon. First thing I learned, don't make a trash run at 4 p.m. because that's when school lets out and there's lots more traffic. Second, the kids at the big school were wearing very different uniforms from what I've seen in the city. Maybe it was a special day or something but they were dressed in a very traditional northern style costume that was very cool. Basically black shirt and pants with patterned material as accents. Missed a great photo op.
Bam-Bam had another trip to the vet today. She's the calmest puppy we've ever seen. No whining, squirming or anything, just cooperative and docile. Oh it's different in the yard when she wants to play. She's grown a bunch and she's learning how to chase things and bring them back, explore on her own, and use her little voice when she wants attention. Lonnie wanted to help us get her a dog house, but apparently that's not a common thing here. I may have to find some plans and either try my hand (oh please don't) or have someone build it. Hey, how hard could it be?
Well, it's time for the 'Funnies', submitted by cousin Trudye (with a little edit by me) If you have any 'G' rated funny stuff, send it.
Have an Explosive WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny


1.. My husband and I divorced over religious differences. He thought he was God and I didn't.

2.. I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

3.. Ever get the feeling your stuff strutted off without you?

4.. I used to have a handle on life, but it broke ...

5.. Earth is the insane asylum for the universe .

6.. I'm not a complete idiot -- Some parts are missing.

7.. Out of my mind. Back in five minutes …

8.. NyQuil, the stuffy, sneezy, why-the-heck-is-the-room-spinning medicine.

9.. Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

10.. Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?



Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: