Monday, July 21, 2008

Smile

Hi,
Well, I'm here in the Taipei airport. Total layover time is six hours. This trip is setting records for inefficient use of time. We spent about the same amount of time in BKK at the airport overnight. This is the first time we've flown into Taipei in the daytime, so that's a bit of a treat being able to see the countryside on approach, and know that there's really something there besides an airport. There is a resting lounge where I'm presently sitting. It has WiFi, but it seems to be limited. There are couches, big TVs and a mix of people from around the world.
The weekend song was "Hot Fun In The Summertime" by Sly and the Family Stone. Let's try this one: "__ if you will, please send a little girl for me to thrill..." A 60s classic (IMO) and one of those songs that can stick in your head.
Speaking of music, the Starbucks here in the airport has several James Brown CDs for sale. Saw the same thing in BKK. I've had a chance to listen more closely to my recent CD purchase, 'The Underground Project' from Thailand. It's a collective of Rap/Hiphop groups and covers the whole spectrum within the genres. I was sitting on the flight from Chiang Rai to Bangkok, bobbing my head and I'm sure a few fellow travelers were wondering what I was listening to. I have some VCDs that I plan to watch on the long flight this evening. Thai groups like Body Slam (concert footage) and Big Ass (greatest hits). It's a great deal when you can get a CD with the videos of the songs for less than six bucks.
Have a Great Start to your Week.

Peace,
Danny

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile,
but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."
~Thich Nhat Hanh

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: