Thursday, July 3, 2008

Help

Hi,
I just returned from taking Lonnie to the airport for his flight back to Bangkok. He plans to stay there for a week and then return to the U.S. We had a wonderful visit. It was nice to spend time with him reminiscing about old times and old friends. Lonnie will be 87 years old next month and I mention that only to point out that almost anybody can make the trip and have a good time. Ahem.
I guess there's no pulling the wool over sharp eyes. Quite a few of you got the song. It's not like I gave you any major hints or anything. (Ha) If you didn't get it yesterday, maybe this line will help: "I can't get no, oh no no no. Hey hey hey, that's what I say."
Today Lonnie and I had quite an adventure. Those teak elephants that he bought gave the shippers the impression that we needed some kind of permit to ship them out of the country. We went to the compound where the Forestry office was located only to find that there were many government agencies on the grounds. After going into three different offices we found the right one and they told us we didn't need a permit. Armed with that information, we headed back to the shippers and they packed everything up and sent them on their way.
We heard a new bird in the yard today. It seems like every few days we hear a new sound of nature. Many of the trees have taken root and are getting nice and leafy. The lawns are filling in and the rain is sinking in faster than before. That's a good thing because the thought of having a swamp after each rain was getting a little discouraging. Now we just have to get some balance back in the pool and all will be well.
At one point in our travels today, Lonnie ask me if there was much graffiti here and I told him I really hadn't seen any. I've seen it in Chiang Mai (you may have seen the pics) but up here there seems to be a better respect for property. There were many more questions that I couldn't answer so I have some research to do and people to interview so I can answer the queries of our next guests.
In other news, it appears that Bangkok Blue will remain open for the time being. If you haven't been there yet, head on out and tell them we sent you.
Have a Mellow Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"You can have everything in life you want
if you'll just help enough other people to get what they want!"
~Zig Ziglar

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: