Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Life

Hi,
This morning we went to the market. Not the grocery store, but the market. Think of it as 2 city blocks of food, clothes, hardware, and stuff you really don't need. I find the whole thing totally fascinating. It's like the heartbeat of the city when it comes to food. There are other markets, but this is the big papa, the grand-central. You'll just have to take my word for it or come and see for yourself.
I was impressed with the mail I got on the song. If you didn't get it, here's one of the boldest clues yet. A dead giveaway:
"Just need a little brain salad surgery, got to cure this insecurity... I been in the __ __, but it must have been the __ __..."
This afternoon it started raining again, really hard. The yard guys were back early today, I guess to get a jump on the rain. They don't just mow and blow, they comb and groom. They've been out in the flower beds (and there are a lot of them) picking weeds, clipping dead branches and turning the soil. I think that without the rain, it's maybe two full days. We're certainly glad we picked Kek and his crew to maintain the plants, since they know what they are and what they need. Imagine moving to a new country and having to learn a whole new array of nature.
Then there are the animal sounds. Some are accounted for and some are not. There are day-time sounds and night-time sounds. The other night we heard what sounded like a giant frog. At least he has a giant voice. It was coming from the waterfall corner. I'm not sure if he was in the corn or in our yard. There are also some birds that have a distinctly tropical sound, as in jungle. Some by day, some by night. Every few days one of us will say, 'Did you hear that?'.
The rain finally stopped and it's really humid. It's 8 o'clock in the evening. I'm going to sign off and go out and listen to the night.
Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"What a wonderful life I've had!
I only wish I'd realized it sooner."
~Colette

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: