Monday, July 28, 2008

Peace

Hi,
I know, I'm very late today. We had a pretty busy weekend and yesterday was a big day. Before we get to that, have I mentioned that it's much cooler than we expected? You were having a heatwave before we left Thailand. Now it's a bit cold. Just goes to show that you can't always rely on the 'weather liars' to know how to dress. I brought a bunch of warm weather clothes. I'm glad I left some winter things in our apartment.
A bunch of you must have missed Friday's message. That must be the reason you didn't write to me about "Lowdown" by Boz Scaggs. Hmm. That's alright. I have a real easy one for the start of the week. "...We're children, needing other children, and yet letting a grownup pride, hide all the need inside. Acting more like children than children." Now, do you really need a clue on this one? I didn't think so.
Saturday, I was supposed to go to the movies with C-Bass, to see the new Batman movie. He had second thoughts about it, and decided not to go. He was right in his predictions about the violence and tension. Lisa went with me instead. I do not understand how this film got a PG-13 rating. I'm not about to write a review. If you want to see it, go for it, but don't take your kids. Heavy stuff.
The evening found us at a pre-wedding dinner for our friends Paul and Joy. It was a fun time, meeting the rest of the wedding party, parents, and cousins.
Sunday was the big day. As a 'Groomsman' I had serious responsibilities. (Ha) Like, make sure the groom is at the wedding, seat guests on the proper side and don't fidget during the ceremony. The wedding was on the lawn at the California Yacht Club. The Groomsmen wore traditional Filipino Barongs (a sheer long-sleeve shirt with embroidered panels down the front) and the Bridesmaids wore lovely copper colored gowns. The bride chose a lace sheath with a tasteful train. All in all, a beautiful picture.
Today we're going downtown to see what's in our storage room. Then we'll see where it can be relocated. Tomorrow we leave early for our Northern California trip. We'll fly to the San Jose airport, check in to our hotel and then drive up to Oakland for lunch with the Bay Area Cousins. We'll have dinner with Lisa's dad Joe and his wife Eva. Wednesday, we'll breakfast with Joe, see his latest art projects and then lunch with our friends Bill, Rochelle and Cordelia.
Have a Great Week.

Peace,
Danny

"Peace is not merely a distant goal that we
seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal."
~Martin Luther King Jr


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: