Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Satisfaction

Hi,
Today we had rain, twice. Early afternoon there was a light shower, right after we had lunch. I figured that was it for the day. A few hours later, a storm hit and really dumped a bunch of rain, just as we were having a massage. It lasted for over an hour. We don't know how much falls when it rains, so we judge each occurrence by the amount of water that pools at the lowest part of the lawn. Hmm, we need MegaDoppler 90,000 I guess.
I'm glad to see some of you are up on your classics. Paul pointed out that I've been hitting all the classics from all the genres. That's been my goal lately, though sometimes I wander. "Bridge Over Troubled Water" is a classic from Simon and Garfunkel. Next:
"When I'm drivin' in my car and that man comes on the radio and he's tellin' me more and more about some useless information supposed to fire my imagination..." Clues: This one hit our shores in the 60s and is still with us. If you're really stuck, refer to today's quote for inspiration. (5)
This morning Lonnie and I went down to Wat Rong Khun. I never get tired of visiting this beautiful place. We had a mellow time and Lonnie enjoyed himself. On the way home we stopped at a shipping company to check on sending a teak elephant back to the States. What we discovered was that since teak is no longer harvested, the government has restrictions on exportation. Since it's a gift and it's one item, the shipper was sure that all we had to do was go to the Forestry office for a certificate and it would be alright. Tomorrow we'll find out the real story when we go to the office. The things you never think of.
Bam-Bam had her first experience with rain today. Boot had let her out and then the rain came. Puppy was just grooving around when Lisa spotted her. She brought her in and dried her off. Bam thought it was a new game, of course, and was ready to play. It's double duty watching Boot raise Bam-Bam. She's never had a puppy and there are some concepts missing. All in all, it's going quite well. Oh, Bam-Bam has also discovered bugs and now she's a hunter. Oh my.
Have a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Satisfaction isn't so much getting what you want
as wanting what you have.
~David Myers

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: