Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Width

Hi,
Flight time is getting closer and tomorrow we get out the bags and start making serious decisions. Today was a day of trying to tie up some loose ends. We went to my favorite hardware store and got some wire mesh so I could make a fence to keep Bam-Bam out of two flower beds. We had a whole team of young people helping us. Each one understood a little bit of what we were trying to do and collectively they helped us get what we needed. I went into 'handyman mode' and made a cute little fence. We didn't get enough material, but it still works. Bam didn't like the noise of the hammer and when I was done, she saw the fence and wouldn't get near it. Success.
Some of you got the song and some of you looked it up. For those who did neither, it was "Alone Again, Naturally" by Gilbert O'Sullivan. It really was a big record in it's day (1972). If you think that was off the wall, or obscure, let's see who knows this one: "__ is a mystery, Full of change that no one sees, Clock makes a fool of history. Yesterday's too long ago, Don't agree with what I know, Tomorrow becomes a new place to be." Clues: This is by a band with an unusual name. It was a request that's been going on for some time and I finally caved. Some say it's how things came to be.
We just got back from the Night Bazaar. Should be our last trip before we leave. The place was packed. It was cool because when there are lots of visitors, new stuff appears. Got some new stuff tonight. When you get here, you'll see what I mean. (5)
Our dear friends Blue and his son Ming have a new enterprise. It's an Ebay store called 'Eastern Aspects'. Bangkok Blue is still open for business. The 'Store' has some amazing old Jimi Hendrix recordings and memorabilia, some Thai crafts, and Blue has his photographs available. You should go check it out. http://stores.ebay.com/easternaspects
I've been contemplating the changes I'll have to make while driving in the States. You know, little things like staying on the right side of the road, not turning left on red lights, not turning in front of people just because they see me and have time to stop, little stuff like that. Oh yeah, and observing a speed limit. On the Super Highway there are no posted speed limit signs. The mere fact that there will be people who may be keeping track of how fast I'm going is a little unsettling. (Ha) Seriously though, it will take a short period of adjustment. I have a friend who returned to England for a visit and he said his mother had to keep reminding him of what was 'proper' driving. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.
Time for a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"I don't want to get to the end of my life
and find that I have just lived the length of it.
I want to have lived the width of it as well."
~Diane Ackerman


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: