Friday, October 30, 2020

Friday Funnies

 Hi,


Our weather was mostly light sprinkles off and on during the day.  At times the air was a little cool, which was very pleasant after Bangkok.

Well, the ‘Jazzy Wednesday’ tune was “Misty”, made famous by Johnny Mathis.  There’s also a great version by Sarah Vaughn.  Here’s an ‘Old School Friday song that should also be easy:  “I’m going to __ __, __ __ here I come.  I’m going to __ __, __ __ here I come.  They got some crazy lil’ women there and I’m gonna get me one.”  Hint:  The title is the name of a city in the ‘show me’ state.

There are times when things get translated from Thai to English and one knows the intention, but it just doesn’t sound quite right.  On our latest adventure, at every check point in the airports, when showing a picture ID, they needed to see our faces.  Several times I forgot, and was asked to ‘Open your mask, please.’  

Today we got back into the rhythm of things.  We went to The Wanderer with JaiDee and had a quiet time in the ‘Glass House’.  The visit wasn’t a long one since we had to go to Makro.  After dropping JaiDee off at the house, we went to do some shopping.  Makro has updated one of it’s temp-checks with a device that measures your temperature by scanning your eye.  I don’t know if it’s any quicker, but it’s probably more accurate than the handheld models.  I guess, since it’s looking like we will all be scrutinized for quite a bit longer, they are investing in more high tech equipment.  

This afternoon we met with some of my friends who live in Mae Chan.  They were exploring a place near us called “The Secret Garden”.  It’s about 10 minutes from our house, on a winding road in the hills.  The atmosphere was very peaceful and the desserts were great.  We probably won’t put it on our ‘regular’ list, but it was a fun outing with folks we haven’t seen in months.  We’re going to meet up at The Wanderer soon.  They’re going to keep an eye out for places we could take JaiDee.

Here’s a photo of some early holiday decorations at one of the malls in Bangkok.  


To go along with the spirit of the tree (555), here’s what I call ‘Shoe Bling’.  They also had them in black.  


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.    Time for the ‘Funnies’.  It’s an oldie, a sign of the times. 

                         Peace,
                                   Danny



No comments: