Thursday, October 15, 2020

Dreams

Hi,

Rain came last night, and again in the late morning, and in the afternoon.  They were brief, medium strength showers that washed everything.  They foiled the trash burners.

The ‘Jazzy Wednesday’ tune is from 1956.  You don’t have to be old to appreciate the clever writing, or the masterful singing:  “Lost my heart, but what of it?  He is cold, I agree, he can laugh but I love it, although the laugh's on me.  I’ll sing to him, each spring to him, and long for the day when I’ll cling to him.  __, __, __ __ am I.
Clue:  This tune covers all the feelings, thoughts, and emotions that happen when a love affair ends.

This morning we took JaiDee to Chivit Thamma Da.  When we got to the area where we usually sit, a voice called out.  It was Joakim, the co-owner, having breakfast, with his dog Nam Kok sitting with him.  He let Kok go and he and JaiDee had a mellow reunion.  I mentioned how busy the place was for a Thursday morning and he told us they had a party call ahead for a “cake breakfast for 40 people”.  None of us had ever heard of such a thing, but they seemed to be having a great time.  

After Chivit we went to Browney’s for a giant bag of kibble to donate to ‘Chance’, the place where we found TongTong.  One of JaiDee’s friends brought a jar of treats to the check stand and would have given him the whole thing if Lisa hadn’t ended it.  She also brought a gift mug for us.  

I didn’t get a chance to take a nap today.  Instead, I was first up for a massage.  Khun Jin was here at 1pm sharp and we began.  I may have dozed off for a bit, but I do remember that it was a good massage and I felt very relaxed afterward.  We’re going to do it again next week.

The big news in Thailand these days is centered around the student demonstrations in Bangkok.  Tens of thousands of mostly young people are taking to the streets, ignoring warnings from the police.  The crowds have been very well behaved, as far as we know.  There are some very serious issues at stake and they’re not backing down.  Reminds me of the 60’s.  We’ll be going to Bangkok on the 26th of this month for the opening of the exhibit Lisa is in and we’re hoping things will be calm in the streets by then.  

Today’s photo is our property before The Big Brown House.  The dream.


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                              Peace,
                                        Danny

“The future belongs to those 
who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
~Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: