Thursday, October 22, 2020

Diversity

 Hi,


The weather was warmer today.  In fact, last night was warmer too.  I’m beginning to think that our forecasters are on vacation, and are just phoning it in, or throwing darts at a board (555).

So, a bunch of you got the ‘Jazzy Wednesday’ tune.  Here’s the second verse just in case you want to keep singing:
“Fill my heart with song and let me sing for ever more.  You are all I long for, all I worship and adore.  In other words, please be true.  In other words, I love you.”  Clue:

This morning’s adventure was a trip to Doy Din Dang, the ceramic studio and gift shop north of Chiang Rai.  We went to see our friends Tamako and Somluk.  JaiDee was very happy that he got to go also.  We had another of our stimulating conversations on the state of things, including our health.  Somluk had to have the same procedure that I had and this was the first time seeing him in months.  We compared experiences and how we’re doing now.  It’s nice to have someone to talk with about it, face-to-face.  We lamented the initial diet changes but laughed at how it’s better now.  JaiDee was a pretty calm puppy for most of the visit, and that was good.  When he sensed that we were about to leave, that’s when he got impatient.  As we drove out of the village he got to see lots of dogs, and a young cow, which really blew his mind.  I wish I had a photo of his face.

Today’s photo was taken in the village of Din Dang (dirt red), which shows a clear influence of the artists in the area.  The first construction is two Hill Tribe women, the second is a Sci-Fi Monster.  





Tonight we did our walk around the house and I’m now doing 30 minutes at a good pace.  Things are improving in the stamina department.  

There was a brief blast of loud, live music from across the river.  I guess they’re letting us know that the time is getting near.  Loy Krathong will be there for 5 days.  

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                             Peace,
                                       Danny

“We inhabit a universe that is 
characterized by diversity.”
~Desmond Tutu

No comments: