Monday, October 5, 2020

Words

 Hi,


The forecast for tomorrow is simply: “Showers and 84°F”.  OK, we can deal with that.  It didn’t mention the thunder and lightning that has been a nightly occurrence.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Unchained Melody”, first by Al Hibler and 10 years later by The Righteous Brothers.  Here’s an ‘Easy Monday’ song I know you know:  “Baby look at me, and tell me what you see.  You ain’t seen the best of me yet, give me time, I’ll make you forget the rest.  I got more in me, and you can set it free I can catch the moon in my hand, don’t you know you I am?  Remember my name (__) I’m gonna live forever…”  Hint:  1980 hit from a movie of the same name.  Should be easy.

Saturday morning we went to the opening of an art exhibit.  The artists are two women we have known for some time and have admired their work.  They had a reception before the opening ceremony, with music by the Chamber unit from the Chiang Rai Youth Orchestra and refreshments provided by the artists.  There were many people there that we hadn’t seen in months.  We had stayed away from these gatherings because face-covering and distancing are not always practiced.  This was no exception, so we sat on the patio while they crowded in for the ceremony.  We went back today and view the exhibition alone and it was wonderful.  There was a degree of energy from the attendees that we missed, but right now we are being super cautious.  

Our walk with JaiDee was difficult on Saturday night.  There is a ‘herd’ of new cats on the property and JaiDee got a little crazy near the main building.  I had done my part of the walk and returned to the van. ‘Dog Boy’ went off and Lisa had to let him go.  He ran around, chasing after a cat that was gone, but keeping an eye on Lisa.  He finally returned and she called me to pick them up.  On Sunday night there was another episode, a little different, but still strange.  Tonight we walked at home, like when he was younger, and he was just fine.  

Today’s photo was taken in our yard.  Lisa took it, and I call it ‘Yard with Clouds’.  



The little family returned from Mae Sai this morning.  They now have a rain cover device on the bike.  I’ll show you tomorrow.  They were going to spend one night, but Nitchanan decided on two.  I guess we know who’s running the show.  They had fun and are glad to be home.  

This afternoon we swam before the evening rain arrived.  While lounging between laps, I noticed a tiny stream of bubbles rising from the bottom of the pool.  Never a good sign.  Khun Nah comes tomorrow to clean the pool and hopefully he will have a simple solution.  There was a guy on TV selling a cement that could be applied under water.  This is what we need.  Hmm, maybe there’s a guy over here with the same stuff (555).  Think good thoughts.

Have a Great Week.

                         Peace,
                                   Danny

“Whatever words we utter should be
chosen with care, for people will hear
them and be influenced by them for
good or ill.”
~Buddha

No comments: