Thursday, July 18, 2019

Friends

Hi,

Just another day in L.A., except maybe a touch cooler.  The forecast for today is 78°F in Culver City and 96° in Chiang Rai.  Hmm, liking it here right now.

The ‘Middle Song’ is a Sade song that fans quickly recognized.  The lyrics work better when heard with the music.
“There’s a quiet storm and it never felt like this before.  There’s a quiet storm, that is you.  There’s a quiet storm and it never felt like this before, giving me something that’s taboo (Sometimes I think you’re just too good for me). You give me the __ __, that’s why I’m in love with you….”  Clue:  Part of the title is in the lyric.  

It looks like Dinah’s will be getting it’s usual patronage from us this trip.  I had breakfast there yesterday with my friend Michael.  We missed seeing each other on our last visit so it was good to catch up on many things in our lives.  

I had the good fortune to get a chiropractic appointment with our old friend Franco Columbu.  This trip, he did some ‘muscle work’, relaxing a group of very tight muscles so my structure could stay in place.  He went right to a spot that never hurt, until he touched it.  Since I trust him, I let him continue and something released.  We also got new information about food and stress and what not to do.  The last thing we learned was about something called ‘Hz’ therapy.  There are tons of tracks on Youtube that are tuned to various Hz frequencies for different purposes.  We tried a meditation one in the afternoon and it was refreshing.  There are some for concentration, others for healing, sleep and so forth.  Just start with a Google search: Hz therapy and take it from there.  

Every time we return to the States there is something new to adapt to or try to understand.  The big thing this time is the growing change to ‘cashless transactions’.  We knew about this from a story on China, where a whole metropolis is cashless, but Culver City?  Oh yes, when we went to dinner with Denny and Sheila there was a sign on the counter at Tender Greens stating that they were a cashless business.  Chiang Rai will catch up, I have no doubt. I have noticed patrons at Starbucks doing the dance, and I’m sure others will follow suit.  It makes sense because I saw it years ago in a SciFi series.  Everything in those eventually comes true (555).  Now if only the parking meters would let you state how much you want to spend without robbing you first.

There is a huge construction surge going on in Culver City as well as other parts of the area.  This photo is the hotel under construction at the Metro train station at Washington and National.  Yes, inside all that, there is a working train station.  Boggles the mind.


Have a Thrilling Thursday.
  
                      Peace,
                                Danny

“It is not so much our friends’ help
that helps us, as the confidence of
their help.”
~Epicurus

No comments: