Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Smile

Hi,

Mom Report:  Things remain the same, or at least appear to be.  She continues to defy the odds.  

Well, I thought it was easy, but only three of you have responded.  ‘Easy Monday’ is this:  “Your love give me such a thrill, but your love don’t pay my bills.  I need __ (that’s what I want), that’s what I want (that’s what I want)…..”  Hint:  You probably held some in your hand today.  You may have reluctantly taken some out of your pocket and given it to somebody.  

The work at my mother’s house is about to move to another level.  We think we’ve gone through most of the critical paper stuff.  Now it’s on to the numerous folders full of meeting agendas, lists of people for various committees, and more thank you cards from those she helped through the years.  There is also the matter of the garage, which is currently locked and without a key in sight.  We may be in need of some bolt-cutters before the day is done.
We learned that one of the places we’ve been donating things to has some very specific rules about what they can take.  Who knew one had to sort the donations?  We will take the next group of donations to a more appreciative agency.  I’m sure that’s how my mother would want it.

This morning my brother and I will meet with the staff at the convalescent home to discuss what the next steps will be.  More will be revealed I’m sure.

Today’s photo has little to do with the beauty of Thailand.  It’s a sticker for a drum shop.  Looks like Western promotion has found a new platform: The Thai phone booth.


Have a Happy Tuesday.

             Peace,
                       Danny

“Don’t cry because it’s over,
smile because it happened.”
~Dr. Seuss

No comments: