Thursday, May 12, 2016

Character

Hi,

And the heat just keeps on comin’.  Today’s temps ranged from 100 to 104, depending on who you believe.  The low is forecast as 76, in the middle of the night.  Right now it’s 97F and it’s dark outside.  The air/cons are being pushed just to keep it pleasant inside.  And to think, not long ago we were wishing for warm weather.  

Well, looks like we have another memory gap.  This ‘Zany Day’ tune is by the first ‘Power Trio’ and came from across the pond.  “I support the left, though I’m leaning, leaning to the right.  I support the left, though I’m leaning to the right.  But I’m just not there when it comes to a fight.  Hey now baby, get into my big black car…..”  Clues:  I wish I could put more sunshine on this.  The lead guitarist had a ‘slow hand’.  Hmm, I think you know these guys.

Our bank recently went through a remodeling and the result is really cool.  Sometimes it’s the little things that can get you excited.  The waiting area now has comfortable chairs instead of slightly padded stools.  Just sitting in a cushy chair with a backrest made this morning’s visit a new experience.

At Big C, many of the vegetables have to be taken to a station for weighing and pricing.  This morning, Lisa asked the veggie lady how she was doing and it set off a whole conversation.  She talked about the heat, how she couldn’t sleep, etc.  Getting that ‘local’ treatment means a lot.  It’s another level of acceptance.  

Today’s photo was taken in the boys department at Big C.  I was walking by and this image just jumped out at me.  The big question:  How did this shirt get here?  Venice Skate Park is a long way from Chiang Rai.  Cost: $6.


This morning Cat drove herself to work.  This evening a new friend from work came home with her and they went for a swim.  It’s nice to see the work experience expanding her circle of friends.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                    Peace,
                              Danny

“Every human being is intended to have 
a character of his/her own; to be what no 
others are, and to do what no other can do.”
~William Henry Channing

No comments: