Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Dance

Hi,

This weather thing is getting tired.  Today was so hot it felt like it was at the limit, couldn’t get any hotter.  The additional haze didn’t help matters.  We stayed in all afternoon, didn’t even get to dip into the pool.  It’s just not right.  Several forecasts are predicting the start of the rains next week.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song did wake up a few of you, but I thought I’d hear from more readers.  Here’s more:
“I’ve taken my bows, and my curtain calls.  You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it.  I thank you all, but it’s been no bed of roses, no pleasure cruise.  I consider it a challenge before the whole human race and I ain’t gonna lose.  And we mean to go on and on and on and on…. __ __ __ __ my friends.  And we’ll keep on fighting till the end.  __ __ __ __, __ __ __ __ __ no time for losers ‘cause __ __ __ __ of the world.”  Hint:  A planet with the same name as the singer just flew by the sun.

Lisa and I hit the street early this morning, in an effort to beat the heat.  That was a silly thought, considering that it’s hot at 9am.  We had some time to kill (interesting phrase) before Top’s Market opened so we decided to check out some new stores on the south end of the Super Highway.  Two of them were duplicates of existing stores that sell home supplies and appliances.  The third was interesting.  It was mostly frozen meats and some vegetables.  They had stuff I didn’t know people eat.  We cruised the aisles and ended up buying a couple of packs of straws.  Blue and I like straws.  Today’s photo is packages of frozen bugs.  There were lots of them.


Central Plaza Mall, where Top’s Market is located, doesn’t open until 11am on week days.  The market opens at 10am, but access to the mall parking lot is restricted.  I still haven’t figured out a logical reason for this, except to irritate me as I drive around the whole lot to gain access to a row near the entrance.  Inside, I discovered something I’d never seen before.  There, in the egg section I saw Partridge eggs.  They were beautiful brown and white art pieces that didn’t seem real.  I had no idea anyone even had partridges, except in a pear tree (555).

Our arrangement with Natcha and Gong, or as we call them, The Kids, keeps getting better every day.  With Gong helping in the kitchen, he’s always nearby when we return from shopping.  As soon as we pull into the carport, he’s there to bring in the groceries.  Yesterday a banana stalk fell over from the weight of a new bunch.  By the afternoon it was all cleaned up.  The yard is raked and watered in the morning so it looks like a park all day.  Tomorrow Gong will begin driving lessons in town.  It’s a 30 hour course, with most of it in the classroom and about 10 hours of behind-the-wheel training, and then his license.  We will all benefit from his being able to drive the van.  

When I picked Cat up from work today I asked her how it was to be working in the heat.  The answer was obvious, but she said it hadn’t been too busy so that helped.  Then we pondered how it would be to wait tables when the rains come.  She just laughed.   

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.”
~Unknown

No comments: