Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Funnies

Hi,

The latest word on my mom is that there is nothing the doctors can do.  She will be moved to a hospice care facility in Pasadena, near all her friends.  It will be a chance for those who wish to, for a last visit.  Thank you to those who have been in touch.  It means a lot.

Chiang Rai had one of those ‘Looks like it’s gonna rain but it didn’t’ kind of days.  We’re almost at that point of saturation, so I’m hoping it doesn’t rain hard over night.  

The ‘Zany Day’ song was “Life’s Been Good” by Joe Walsh.  Walsh was a member of The James Gang in the early 70s, and later he joined The Eagles.  Now those hints make sense.  Time for some ‘Old School Friday’.  See if you remember this:  “__ __, I can’t believe that you love me.  I can’t believe that an angel like you, could fall in love with me, so tenderly.  __ __, why do I thrill when you kiss me?  My heart stands still when you’re holding my hand, the feeling is oh so grand.”  The title is an exclamation, as in ‘Oh my’.  This was around 1960.  

Today was another unusual day.  We basically stayed on this side of the river.  Our first little outing was to The Rimkok Resort, which is about 3 minutes from our house.  We went to check out a ‘previously owned’ iPhone 5s that Lisa saw on Facebook.  The seller runs two cashmere shops and had an extra phone.  The guy who was tending the store was a little unclear on the concept and we had to wait a bit.  That gave us a chance to look at some of the products in the shop.  I could shop there; it was filled with beautiful fabrics.  We finally got the phone, but need to go the mall for SIM card adjustments and other things.  

We had lunch at The Wanderer.  Of course Cat came over and took our order.  It’s neat to see her in action, running around, taking care of business.  While we were waiting for our food I looked out the windows and realized what a nice view it was, even from our table.  That’s your photo for the day.


Near the end of our lunch, Khun Noot came to our table.  She wanted to tell us about an idea she had for a mango pie.  She knows my diet restrictions and has been trying different things so I can have a Wanderer dessert.  It sounded like she was getting close.  After we returned home we got a call from Noot.  She wanted us to come back for some mango pie.  Blue, Lisa and I returned to The Wanderer at 2:30, ready for pie.  Kwan presented us with three bowls.  After one bite we all declared that they had a winner.  It was actually like a cobbler, which I love, without all the butter and sugar.  She used honey and olive oil as replacements and got it right.  Afterwards, we wanted to take a photo, but learned that they only made enough for us to test the recipe.  We left feeling flattered and full.  More pie please.

Meanwhile, back in the jungle, ‘The Kids’ are having a small dinner party outside on the deck.  Earlier today, Natcha’s brother came by and gave her a small oven.  It fits right next to the clothes dryer.  If things work out, we might be having turkey this winter.  That would be amazing.  Not to mention all the other things I’m sure I could eat from an oven (555).

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.   It’s time for the ‘Funnies’.

               Peace,
                         Danny


No comments: