Thursday, May 26, 2016

Doing

Hi,

Mom Report:  Yesterday we went to Pasadena for our first visit with my mother.  She was sleeping so we gently woke her and she greeted us with a big smile.  She whispered a few words, smiled a lot and had many different facial expressions to let us know she understood.  After about 3 or 4 minutes she went back to sleep.  We asked the staff to make sure they put some sports on her TV, like the Dodgers or Lakers since she’s a big fan.  We’ll go back again today and visit.

The ‘Zany Day’ song was familiar to a few readers.  If I told you that the lead singer went on to became a country star would it help?  “I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in, I watched myself crawlin’ out as I was a-crawlin’ in.  I got up so tight I couldn’t unwind, I saw so much I broke my mind.  I __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __.”  Clue:  Some say this might have been the result of psychedelics.  Hmm, the singer was checking in on himself.

Our travel adventure would not be complete without telling you what happened after we got the car on the road.  Since our favorite Polo Loco was closed, we got a snack at Del Taco, which is not the same at all, but when you’re hungry it works.  Opening the door to our little apartment in Culver City was a pure delight.  Anna had fixed the place up with lots of warm touches that made us feel most welcome.  There were things we like in the fridge, and on the shelves.  

It seems like every time we come back to the States there have been big changes in the landscape in the area where we used to live.  Turn a corner and a landmark is gone, turn another and a giant shopping complex fills the skyline.  Driving around town becomes a sight-seeing tour.

We’re getting along with the hybrid Fusion just fine.  In fact, it’s kinda fun trying to operate it to maximum efficiency.  So far I seem to be using and replacing the ‘energy’ in the battery in a way that has really kept the gas usage down.  Yea me.  There are times when you just have to step on the gas and go, and that’s when my plan fall short, but overall, it’s a cool experience.

So, you know I like cars so it should come as no surprise that today’s photo is something I could see myself traveling with, even though I’m not really a ‘kid’.  We saw these at Central Plaza Mall in Chiang Rai.  


Oh yes, our old friend Mr. Lag showed up yesterday around 3:30pm and even with a nap, we couldn’t get him to go away.  

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                Peace,
                          Danny

“Real generosity is doing something nice
for someone who will never find out.”
~Frank A. Clark

No comments: