Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Art

Hi,

And the heat goes on, and on, and on.  It’s 7:30pm and it’s apparently 95F and feels like 103F.  The low will be 76F at 6am.  Oh, and it’s going to get hotter every day.  What?  Tomorrow may have rain, but it will be hot water at this rate.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “We Are The Champions” by Queen.  I think this ‘Zany Day’ tune is timely (555).
“Hey now baby, get into my big black car.  Hey now baby, get into my big black car.  I want to just show you what my politics are.  I’m a political man and I practice what I preach.  I’m a political man and I practice what I preach.  So don’t deny me baby, not while you’re in my reach.”  Clue:  What is this man? 

Some of our days follow a bit of a routine, others are rather fluid.  Today was one of those fluid days and we just went along for the ride.  This morning the plan was to go to the bank, and then stop for coffee at Work@Home.  Just before we left, Cat called to say she was done with her orientation at Chiang Rai Rajabhat University (CRU).  At first she thought it was an all day thing, but she was done by 10am.  We decided to go and get her.  The campus is north of town, in the Ban Du district.  Once on the campus we missed a turn, saw some sights, and then found the area where hundreds of new students were milling around.  We had coffee and stuff at a cool cafe we’d been to before in the village below CRU. 

On the way home we stopped at Browney Pet World for Daku's goodies.  When we stepped out of the van, a mass of wires caught us by surprise.  One of the concrete poles is broken, probably from the wind.  I’d hate to be the guy who has to find a specific wire in that mess.


One of the things on our long-term agenda has been to help Cat get a motorbike.  It took some time but we came around (555).  Now that she’s working she needs transportation.  This afternoon we went out to see what the price range was for a used Honda Scoopy.  After a few stops in town we were directed to the big Green Wing dealership where she got her training and license.  Cat now has a slightly used black Scoopy with gold trim.  What’s funny is that Lisa told her the same thing I told her a few days ago:  You can’t take it to your room tonight.  She laughed when she heard that for the second time.  There will be a few ground rules, but now she can take herself to places she needs to be.  She also knows that she has to pay for it.  What?

Neetchanan and Lisa have a very special relationship.  When Lisa talks to her and makes little faces, Neetchanan smiles at her and ’talks’ in the cutest way.  This evening they went on for a few minutes with this and of course, I had no camera handy.  Maybe next time.

It feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                Peace,
                          Danny

“Art has no enemy except ignorance.”
~Latin Proverb

No comments: