Thursday, May 19, 2016

Road

Hi,

The days are gradually getting cooler.  We had a storm last night and another this afternoon.  It looks like we’ll be having daily rain for at least a week and a half.

The ‘Zany Day’ song is from a guy who has flown with eagles, and rode in a gang.  Some of you know this tune.
“My Maserati does one-eighty-five.  I lost my license, now I don’t drive.  I have a limo, ride in the back.  I lock the doors in case I’m attacked.  Lucky I’m sane after all I’ve been through (Everybody say I’m cool) (He’s cool).  I can’t complain but sometimes I still do, __ __ __ to me so far.” Hint:  Rumor has it that this song is a true story.  Hmm.   

Our day (Thursday) started off with us being thrown for a loop.  I got a message, from my Cousin Wendy, that my mom was in the hospital.  After phone calls with my brother, who is in Colorado, we finally found out that Jean had a stroke.  We don’t know when, but she was found by the Sheriff’s department after a friend of hers called them.  She is breathing on her own, but has not gained consciousness.  The prognosis from the doctor at Keck Medical Center is not good.  They specialize in stroke patients.  

Needless to say, my concentration has been less than focused, although we (Lisa) found airline tickets available for the near future.  Denny is on his way to Los Angeles and will meet with the doctors this afternoon.  It is a very helpless feeling to be on the other side of the world during a crisis like this.  

Today’s photo was taken last night.  Daku decided he wanted to snooze, but the light was too bright.  


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                Peace,
                          Danny

“If you don’t know where you are going,
any road will get you there.”
~Lewis Carroll

No comments: