Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Funnies

Hi,

This morning we have double acupuncture, and a day with Mr. August. Yesterday we had lunch with long-time friends and separate dinners again. We're also getting a good dose of local traffic. Hmm.

The 'Summer of Love' song was "Creeque Alley" by The Mamas and Papas. 'Old School Friday' is next:
"__, if I pray every night you'll come back to me. __, if I cry every day, you'll come back to stay. Ohhh, __."
Clue: This one's by a 'Girl Group' that had numerous hits. Maybe you know it.

Yesterday we had a mellow morning. After checking out a new speaker experiment that August was working on, we went to the pet supply store. Oh my, there certainly are a lot more things for dogs in America. We got the things they like, and also a new chew toy. Let's hope Daku doesn't eat it.

From there we went to Santa Monica for lunch with Kerrina, Michael, Katja, Kira, and Zane. We've watched the kids grow up through the years and it's always a treat to get together with them. Kerrina was our physical therapist for years. After lunch we walked down to her new location to check it out.

Since we were in Santa Monica we decided to go to The Promenade. I have commented on the orderly way that people drive in L.A., but it all changes when the quantity of cars is so large. In other words, heavy traffic seems to be the norm. Silly me, I didn't realize that it's now an all day thing. There was a time when rush hour was an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. Ha, it happens at any given time. And to think, I thought we had traffic in Chiang Rai. Two intersections can back up and take a few extra minutes. Well, we'll be back there soon and it will feel like nothing for a few days.

Lisa had dinner with her childhood friend McKinley and I had dinner with my good friend Mark. She had Italian, I had Thai. Keeping the connections to people in our lives is very important.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. On with the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

The Workout

I felt like my body had gotten totally out of shape, so I got my
doctor's permission to join a fitness club and start exercising. I
decided to take an aerobics class for seniors. I bent, twisted,
gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour. But, by the
time I got my leotards on, the class was over.

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: