Monday, August 1, 2011

Soar

Hi,

This visit is almost over. We will go to the airport late tonight for our flights back to Thailand. It's been a wonderfully busy three weeks.

The 'Old School Friday' song was "Maybe" by The Chantels. By the way, most of the 'oldies' can be heard if you search on Youtube. It's time for 'Easy Monday'. "On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair, warm smell of colitas rising up through the air. Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light. My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim, I had to stop for the night..." Hint: It's about a place of temporary housing, maybe.

Our Friday appointments with the acupuncturist were very pleasant and I got some relief from what I'm now calling 'Travel Back'. All the handling of suitcases sometimes takes a toll, but Amir did something that made it feel much better. What I really need is a valet when we travel. (555)

Saturday morning we went to Altadena and spent time with my mother. We had a lot of fun, but then, we always do. I put a new greeting on her answering machine, and Lisa showed her how to do some things on her computer. By the time we left, we were getting hungry so we had lunch in Pasadena.

We spent the afternoon visiting with a bunch of friends that we hadn't seen in a very long time. In the evening we hung out with Jeff, Anna, and The Boys. Later, I managed to stay up late and watch the qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix. Morning came too soon.

Sunday morning we drove out to Hidden Hills to have lunch with Joel, Martha and Sophia of the Valley Cousins. Cousin Joel played us some incredible music he's been working on and we had a really nice visit. From there we went to the Santa Monica Airport for a craft expo where our friend Joy had some of her beautiful jewelry on sale. The last time we were there was for an art show. There were also lots of very fancy food trucks. In Chiang Rai it would be motorcycle kitchens (Ha).

The next time you hear from me I will have posted from LAX. By the time you read it I'll be flying over the Pacific Ocean, savoring the memories of this visit.

Have a Great Week.

Peace,
Danny

"One can never consent to creep when one has the impulse to soar."
~Helen Keller

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: