Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Share

Hi,

We had another beautiful day here in Chiang Rai. It was hot, but it's always hot. The spray man came, the pump guy didn't, and I had a car adventure.

It looks like this really is an 'Easy Monday' song this time. I just love getting mail. Here's a little more to ponder:
"Life can be short or long. Love can be right or wrong. And if I chose the one I'd like to help me through, I'd like to __ __ __ __." Hint: Do you really knead a hint as to who sang this? It's clearly a love song about wanting to succeed with a certain someone.

It was a typical morning around here: Up at 6:30, feed dogs, eat breakfast, play with dogs. Then we waited for the meeting with the tank/pump guy but he didn't show. The spray man came at 9:30, which meant the house had to be closed up tight. They did their thing and we hung out with the dogs.

Mid-morning we had a list of errands we wanted to take care of so we got all ready to go. I went out to start the car and the starter just groaned and quit. No battery. Hmm, what to do. Our truck is being used by our friend Jaffee, so it meant we had no means to start the car. The jumper cables were with the truck, so after lunch he came over and I got it started. I drove across town to the Toyota dealership on the highway, not wanting to take any chances.

When I arrived at Toyota I left the engine running while I tried to explain the problem. It was pretty easy to get the point across, but the young woman checking me in brought over another service tech who spoke a little English. More Thai/English/pantomime and he understood completely. At one point he asked how I got there. I explained the second car/wires thing and he said: "Oh, electricity". Now we were in sync. He talked to the shop and told me the engineer said it should charge overnight, and then they'd test everything. Oh, so now I have to get home.

I had two options for getting home. One was to walk down the highway to Central Plaza and get a Tuk-Tuk. The other was to call our old friend Khun Sing, who drove us around in his Tuk-Tuk in the early days. It was so hot that the thought of the walk became a quick second place. I called Sing and he knew it was me, but he seemed unsure as to where I was. I ran back inside and put one of the service guys on the phone. A little later Sing pulled up and I bounced home in the back of his Tuk-Tuk. When we got to the house he came into the yard. He asked about the dogs, about Boot, and then Lisa came out. They had a little reunion and we went around so he could see the pool. He's a really sweet man and it was great to spend a few minutes with him. I just may have to call him when it's time to get the car tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, we're going to be picked up by Thomas and Joyce for our unknown adventure into the countryside. I'll take you along for the ride in my next message.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Imagine what a harmonious world it could be if every
single person shared a little of what he is good at doing."
~Quincy Jones

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: