Thursday, August 11, 2011

Art

Hi,

We had a wonderful breakfast in Chiang Mai, a wild goose chase before lunch, and scattered rain on the road home. The dogs were glad to see us and the rain greeted us as well.

So what happened to all those 'Summer of Love' pros out there? We've sung this song before. Try these lyrics:
"There's too many ahead of me. They're all tryin' to get in front of me. I thought I could find a clear road ahead, but I found stoplights instead... On the __ __ __ __. That __, not the best way. At five o'clock, it's much too crowded (Too crowded)..." Clue: It takes soul to survive in heavy traffic. He's tryin' to get to her on the wrong freeway. Hmm, in the East it's called something else.

This morning we walked from our hotel to a little cafe where we usually get breakfast. It's almost like dinners of old. They make a yummy cinnamon French toast that has become my favorite meal there. There was rain overnight which meant going to and from the place involved side-stepping lots of puddles. Back at the hotel my key card wouldn't activate the elevator. One of the staff took it to the desk and I was told that my phone may have been the culprit. Hmm, my phone is on my belt, on the other side of my body. It turns out that my money clip is magnetic and that's what fouled up the card. Too much technology.

Our friend Ten picked us up and we went for coffee at a bakery/restaurant. It's changed owners and the new theme is the 50s. It looked a lot like Cafe 50s in the L.A. area. There was a fake juke box and checkered table cloths. We hadn't seen Ten in quite a while so we had a lot to talk about. It felt good to reconnect.

After packing up the small amount of stuff we had for this trip, we checked out and met our friend Mark for the great compressor search. The whole thing was a bust; no one had what we needed. We had lots of laughs about it and went to lunch at a little place somewhere in Chiang Mai. He was directing me and I have no idea where we went. There are many 'streets' that look like alleys. Once you turn into one there's a whole world that could have been missed.

The ride home was pretty routine. There were a few times when the sky opened up and it rained hard, but then it cleared. Even with cautious driving it still only took us three hours. It's always good to be home.

Now, Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Hearing is a gift,
Listening is an art."
~Unknown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: