Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Thursday morning we got up early, had coffee, and packed the bags. Our vacation was over and it was time to say farewell to Pescadero. We went to Palo Alto, and then the airport for a TSA adventure.

'Summer of Love' brought us "All You Need Is Love" by The Beatles. 'Old School Friday' brings us this ballad:
"__ __ can make this world seem right. __ __ can make the darkness bright. __ __ and you alone can thrill me like you do, and fill my heart with love for __ __." Hint: This tune sounds great around twilight time.

Once we had our bags packed we had a chance to say our goodbyes to Bill and Rachelle. Coco and Ruffy were still sleeping. The drive to Palo Alto was pretty easy and we met Joe for breakfast. After breakfast it was a simple stroll across the street to the big art supply store and our semi-annual shopping for the things we can't get in Chiang Rai. Then we went by the gallery where Joe has had many shows. We visited with his agent, Paula, and shared photos of Lisa's cast acrylic prints. We learned that Paula has a son who lives in Singapore. The world is getting smaller.

From the gallery we went to Joe's studio and looked at some of his new work. He's always experimenting with new ways to express himself, and ways to manipulate various medium. Walking through his studio is a source of inspiration for anyone who is creative. We got to see new wood-cuts, paper sculptures, and cast acrylic prints. He's a busy man at almost 87 years old. What a guy.

The next stop on our 'road trip' was San Jose. We filled the tank, and returned the car. After checking in we went to the TSA screening section. Last time we were there I experienced the x-ray machine with no problems. This time I was told that I'd have to undergo a 'pat down' because the x-ray showed 'multiple anomalies'. What? A very polite agent did his job after asking if I had anything in my pockets. It turns out that the slips of paper in my back pockets were anomalies. I didn't have any bomb residue on my person so I was cleared for take off. Next time you fly, empty all anomalies from your pockets. (555)

The flight home was routine until we got on a bus to the terminal. First bus was full. Wait for second bus. Get to terminal and walk to baggage. Wait for bag. Then wait for bus to Lot C. It took 45 minutes to get from the plane to the ride to our car. I think the process of getting to and from the airplanes is what makes traveling tiring. Hmm.

So ends the first week of our summer visit. Next week will be just as adventurous I'm sure. Stay tuned.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. It's time for the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny


The DMV

After spending 3-1/2 hours enduring the long lines , surly clerks and
insane regulations at the Department of Motor Vehicles, I stopped at a
toy store to pick up a gift for my son.

I brought my selection - a baseball bat - to the cash register.

"Cash or charge?" the clerk asked.

"Cash," I snapped. Then apologizing for my rudeness , I explained ,
"I've spent the afternoon at the motor-vehicle bureau."

"Shall I gift-wrap the bat?" the clerk asked sweetly. "Or are you going
back there?"

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: