Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dreams

Hi,

The weather here in Culver City was warm again yesterday. This morning we're on our way to Northern California for a visit with the Oakland Cousins, Joe & Eva, and the Athas family. Our flight leaves early so it's good we're over the worst of the Jet Lag.

For some of you the song was 'Easy'. Maybe the next verse will ring a bell. Just get on the bus and ride along:
"Kathy," I said as we boarded the Greyhound in Pittsburgh, "Michigan seems like a dream to me now". It took me four days to hitchhike from Saginaw. I've gone to look for __." Hint: The couple are on the road, looking for a place. It's a big place and they're already there. Hmm.

This morning we went to Marina Del Rey for a little shopping. I dropped Lisa off for lunch with a dear friend from her old job and then I went to the mall for a bite to eat. Give me a reason to go to a mall and I'm there.

After Lisa's lunch was over we went back to the mall. (Yea) We didn't find what we were looking for, but we saw more shops that we'd missed the last time we were in town. It was fun just strolling through the place.

During the course of the afternoon I met with two friends on different occasions, at the same coffee shop. It's nice to get some one-on-one time with people who mean a lot. While sitting at a sidewalk table sipping coffee, we saw a guy ride by on a bicycle that was modified so he sat at least 12 feet in the air. We were very curious as to how he would deal with a red light. Hmm.

In the evening Lisa went out with Anna and 'The Girls' for a dinner in Hollywood. I fended for myself and spent the rest of my time with some close friends. It's been a good day without a hectic pace.

Today we will fly to the San Jose Airport, and drive to Oakland for lunch. Then we'll go south to Palo Alto for dinner with Joe & Eva and Karen Jo, who visited us in Thailand. After dinner we'll drive down to the coastal town of Pescedero where we will spend two nights at a beach house, guests of the Athas family. It should be very relaxing since there's no place to go and no phone reception. I'm calling it a 'vacation'. I'll probably have to go into town to send the next chapter of this saga.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"All our dreams can come true,
if we have the courage to pursue them."
~Walt Disney

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: