Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Chiang Rai had clouds in the sky for most of the day. What? Yes, but no rain. We have a forecast for sprinkles/rain and we're hoping it happens. Meanwhile, I stayed on the grounds all day. Lisa had a lunch date, and we started packing.

The song you should have had stuck in your head was "Windy" by The Association, from the 'Summer of Love'.
Our next stop is 'Old School Friday' and this might entertain you for the weekend: "There I go, there I go, there I go, there I go... Pretty baby, you are the soul who snaps my control. Such a funny thing but every time you're near me I never can behave.... James Moody, you can come on in man, and you can blow now if you want to, we're through." Clue: This tune became popular in 1952. We 'played it' before, but it's timely that we remember it now. We'll have music education on Monday. Strongly 'related' to "I'm In the Mood for Love".

Twice a year we go through the ritual of packing for the trip to America. The holiday trip is tricky since we have gifts in addition to what we'll need for three weeks. It has become a science of size and weight. For those of you who don't travel internationally, you pay for what flies with you, especially over the limits. Anyway, this morning we put all of the gifts in a medium sized suitcase, with a tiny bit of room to spare. On the return trip that case will carry most of the things we can't find here in Thailand. From art supplies to vitamins, we'll be balancing the weight, but making sure we have our supply of necessities. Since it's only the 10th, I'm feeling good about the packing thing this time. (Ha)

Lisa had a lunch date with Sutheera today. They were joined by a little girl named Min. She lives with Sutheera's mother and wanted to go to lunch so she could practice her English. The funny part is, she was too shy to say much. It was still good for her to listen to the spoken language. Lisa asked Sutheera what Thai people do for Constitution Day and she said 'nothing'. It's not a big celebration day, although I imagine that many years ago it was.

I actually did venture out for a short time late this afternoon when we made a bread run. We saw Jonathan, the English Golden, who greeted us and then wandered back into the bakery. Traffic was light since it was a holiday, so it was an uneventful trip. That last comment reminded me of a conversation we had about how we're getting used to some of the things that people do on the road. Could it be that I'm actually getting comfortable with cars and motorbikes turning in front of me, not stopping on red lights, etc.? I think so. There are certainly things I do while driving that will have to stay in Thailand. (555)

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. Enjoy the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

Subject: Points to Ponder

Nothing is worse than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

There is great need for a sarcasm font.

How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

Was learning cursive really necessary?

Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

Bad decisions make good stories.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

"Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever.

I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Darn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What did they do after I didn't answer? Hangup the phone and run away?

I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: