Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Voyage

Hi,

It was a mellow Tuesday here. The workers didn't show, but the wind did. I experienced two distinct weather systems, and a sunset swim rounded out the day.

Based on all the email, this is an 'Easy' one. Here's a bit more: "...A license to love, insurance to hold, melts all your memories, and change into gold. His eyes are like angels, his heart is cold. No need to ask, he's a __ __ (repeat 3x)."
Hint: There a word in the title that's often used when referring to silk. Oh, I've said too much. (Ha)

This morning we waited around for the men to start work on the canopy. I finally called, and was told that they'd arrive at 1pm. Then I got a call that they'd come tomorrow. Since we're having a party in the afternoon, we put it off until Thursday. We'll see what happens.

I took the Vios for it's 10K check-up this afternoon. The cost was not at all what I expected, so I had to walk up the highway to the pedestrian bridge, and cross over to Big C to use the ATM. It wasn't a long walk, just hot. When I returned to Toyota, I watched a Thai 'soap', and I think I followed some of it. Not that I understood much, but the action was pretty obvious. It was a comedy, and Thai comedy is very exaggerated. Lots of body language, and big facial expressions. The time passed nicely. They called me to say that the car was done, and just as I was paying the bill, a big downpour began. Hey, they just washed the car. Oh well. I called Lisa to tell her it was raining, but it wasn't raining at our house. Just sprinkles. I drove through a major dump, into sunshine in a matter of minutes.

Our trip to The States in July will be for just two weeks. That doesn't give us as much time to visit with all our friends. We have hatched an idea, and we'd like some help. We want to have a 'Bring Your Own' picnic at a park on the Westside. The tentative date would be Sunday, July 18. If a few of you would be willing to help us pick a park, and secure an area it would be really cool. If you'd like to help, drop me an email. It will be a chance for us to see friends, for you to see friends, and maybe we'll all connect with someone we haven't seen in a while.

Today, while I was walking back from Big C I saw a backhoe on a trailer with the name 'Mr. T' on the side. It brought a smile.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"The only real voyage of discovery consists not
in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
~Marcel Proust

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: