Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Funnies

Hi,

It didn't rain today. We had cloudy skies, with moments of bright sun. We went to the market, and plan to hit the Night Bazaar again this evening. This weekend is the European GP of Formula One. Zoom.

I must tell you that the song was "Politician" by Cream. It time for 'Old School Friday'. A smooth ballad classic:
"My love must be a kind of blind love. I can't see anyone but you. (Sha bop sha bop) Are the stars out tonight? I don't know if it's cloudy or bright. __ __ __ __ __ __ dear..." Hint: This version of a standard was sung by a group in '59 who have the same name as a big bird.

This morning we could tell that it rained overnight. We heard it around bedtime, but it was still wet when we got up.
Thailand has been in a drought, but maybe there's hope for the north. If it keeps up, there might be a good crop of corn, and rice. The country is facing the need for better water management.

We went to the market again today. Lisa wanted to get a pair of shoes for our friend Tye. We got the shoes, the treats, and found a store that sells sporting apparel. We've been looking for World Cup shirts. The woman running the store spoke pretty good English, and explained that shirts are in production. The shirt makers wait until the final group is chosen, and then print those teams since that's what everyone wants. The one we wanted got eliminated today. Oh well.

As we were leaving the market, we spotted a magazine store. Lisa wanted to get Boot something to read so we went in. At the check out we were questioned, in English, by a very friendly man. He not only wanted to know what country we were from, but when we told him, he said 'What state'. It turns out he's been to America. He's been to Disneyland. Right now his daughter is attending Harvard, and he's one proud father.

I will leave you with a link to where we'll be staying this weekend: http://goldentriangle.anantara.com/default.aspx

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. Now it's time for the 'Funnies'. A favorite from a year ago.

Peace,
Danny

Knock on Wood

Three older ladies were discussing the problems of getting older. One
said, "Sometimes I catch myself with a jar of mayonnaise in my hand,
in front of the refrigerator, and can’t remember whether I need to put
it away, or start making a sandwich.

The second lady chimed in, "Yes, sometimes I find myself standing on
the stairs and can’t remember whether I was on my way up or on my way
down."

The third one responded, "Well, I am glad I don’t have that problem;
knock on wood," as she rapped her knuckles on the table. She looked up
and said, "That must be the door, I’ll get it!"

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: