Monday, June 7, 2010

Colors

Hi,

Today we had a bright morning and rain in the afternoon. The canopy is basically finished, some of the gutters are brown, and the pool has been cooled by the rain.

I got a few 'hits' on our 'Old School' song. It was "Come Go With Me", by The Del Vikings. It's 'Easy Monday' time:
"I don't want to lose this good thing, that I've got, 'cause if I do I will surely, surely lose a lot. 'Cause your love is better than any love I know. It's like thunder, light'ning, the way you love me is fright'ning. I'd better __ __ __."
Clue: The title, in three words, is a superstition.

Saturday morning we went to Big C for the weekly shopping. We usually do it on Sunday, but this week we were low on drinking water so we just went ahead and did the whole thing on Saturday. It's nice going early, with no line to get into the parking lot, and plenty of spots close to the door. It's also nice to be able to cruise the aisles with no hassles.

The big canopy over the patio looks like something from a mall or a resort. It's clear, ribbed plexiglass that is arched. There is still some work to be done on it, but it did keep the rain water from splashing against the doors, and there seems to be less evidence of the presence of birds. The one thing we hadn't counted on was the fact that we can't see part of the patio or the pool from our upstairs window. A small price to pay.

We've been keeping up with the French Open, now that we understand the scoring and know some of the players. We found ourselves rooting for some that won, and some of our favorites lost. Oh well, that's the nature of the game I suppose. Now we'll be watching football (soccer) until the lawn play at Wimbledon. This weekend there's another Formula One race so you know what we'll be watching. They're in Canada this time. Zoom.

Sunday I went to band practice with the kid band. They're making progress but I still have to instill in them the importance of being in tune, and how to listen to what they're doing. I have to keep reminding myself that they're still learning how to play their instruments, They are bright and eager so it makes it all worthwhile.

Today, after going to the bank, we found ourselves in the market. The novelty has not worn off, even though we seem to go at least once a week. We have a few regular spots that we frequent, and we have a great rapport with many of the vendors. Today the lady with the treats gave Lisa three for the price of two. I got my usual raisin pancakes. It's seems weird to eat pancakes without syrup. They're like finger food.

Lisa had lunch with our friend Sutheera, and I ate at the house. There's a father/son team who are painting the rain gutters, and they are doing a beautiful job. When it started raining the son just kept on painting. Finally, they called it a day. I think they might finish tomorrow if it doesn't rain again.

Have a Great Week.

Peace,
Danny

"Paint your days with all the colors you so desire
and enjoy the artwork that you alone can create."
~Unknown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: