Thursday, June 24, 2010

Measure

Hi,

There was more rain today. We did have a lot of sunshine during most of the day. Last night, after our massage, we went to the Night Bazaar, and saw friends. That's always nice. Today I had another eye exam, and crept through the market at rush hour. Hmm.

I'm surprised that more of you don't know the current song. I did get mail though, so I know it's not a stumper.
"Hey now baby, get into my big black car. (repeat) I wanna just show you what my politics are." Clue: I think that should do it.

Living in a small town is nice because we always see someone we know. Last night was no exception. We went to the Night Bazaar to look for a few things, and stopped to talk to Paladon, and his family at the booth. Then we saw Deirdre, and Rachel, the new manager of the Sold Project. We visited for a bit and moved on. There is a woman artist who has a gallery in the Bazaar and we stopped to say hello. She had gone to Lisa's website, and raved about all the colors. She works in charcoal so all her work is basically black and white. The two of them had a great exchange.

In my quest for multifocal contacts, I decided to go to Overbrook Hospital to get an exam. It was suggested by the guy who did the first exam, since he's not really able to give a complete exam. I had the usual wait, which wasn't too long. Then I met the doctor. She first had me put my chin in a little cup and turned on a light so she could give my eyes a proper look. Everything is fine so she moved me to a second machine. Apparently my pupils were too tight for the thing to read me properly so they had to dilate my eyes. That meant more waiting. Finally we finished, and I have a new set of numbers for the prescription. More will be revealed.

Going into town after 4pm calls for patience. That's when the traffic begins. I went to get more printer ink for our artist in residence. At one point I had to circle around through the market. The street was buzzing with activity. People come to shop for ingredients for dinner, or buy prepared food. It's also the time when all the self-contained, blind musicians seem to descend on the market. I counted four of them, singing to backing tracks. There was one man who was sitting in the street, right at an intersection with his home-made drums. A policeman was gently telling him that he had to move, and helped him up. There is a different tolerance for these musicians because they're offering something in exchange for a handout. They're not seen in the same light as beggars. They're actually trying to do something.

We're getting excited about visiting America next month. We're also gearing up for our weekend trip to Anantara, a hotel resort near the Golden Triangle. We're hoping to get a chance to learn how to 'drive' an elephant. Should be interesting.

Have a Fantastic Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"The measure of our life is not whether others know our name,
but whether we have touched the lives of others."
~Unknown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: